Religion and Forum Continuity Do Not Mix

Started by Tony W, February 17, 2010, 08:05:40 AM

Halem

Well, speaking for newbies:

Censoring songs sounds like a pretty savage idea. "Your song was deleted. You sang something that we didn't like, sorry."

And we have a routine anti-flame and anti-off topic rules for the discussions. Those rules work all over the Internet and don't need to be reinvented.

Tony W

Quote from: Halem on February 18, 2010, 11:31:06 AMWell, speaking for newbies:

Censoring songs sounds like a pretty savage idea. "Your song was deleted. You sang something that we didn't like, sorry."

And we have a routine anti-flame and anti-off topic rules for the discussions. Those rules work all over the Internet and don't need to be reinvented.
You might want to read then post. Censoring was not the topic here. Deleting posts wasn't either.

Here are 3 Links that will cut down the reading time. All very well articulated.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=6280.msg79195#msg79195

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=6280.msg79394#msg79394

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=6280.msg79477#msg79477

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Quote from: Satchwood on February 18, 2010, 08:34:36 AMLets concentrate on making & listening to MUSIC!   Live and Learn and Press Record!

Best words I've read all day.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Halem

Tony W,

I read all the thread before posting. There were a couple of censorship-related posts so i wrote my opinion on it.

Another point is
QuoteI'm noticing an increase in posts with religious based text in them.
can easily be turned into
QuoteI'm noticing an increase in posts with political based text in them.
or
QuoteI'm noticing an increase in posts with "Linux vs Windows" based text in them.
Those posts are annoying and usually classified as off-topic and flame, and treated the rules-regarding way. This is the routine "Don't post what we don't want to read here" thing. No need to ask or convince, just make users follow the rules of the place they are in.

I might be missing some forum history stuff, excuse me for that, I'm actually speaking for newbies.

Tony W

Linux vs Windows..... Love it!

I apologize for taking you out of context, I got jumpy when I read the part about deleting songs. I would be highly opposed to songs being deleted unless they were malicious towards another user, and I think that we can all agree on that.

Again, sorry for jumping the gun on you.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: OsCKilO on February 18, 2010, 06:52:22 AMSorry if i offended anyone with the boobs.

I wont post any more. . . . .

Someone should have told me it was such a problem. . . . .

Tharek,

Here's an apocryphal quote that expresses my sentiments:

Quote from: Rich man to his trophy wifeI don't love you for your boobs.  I love you for what's inside.

Osckilo minus boobs will be just as respected and appreciated as always.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

Another thing:

You folks in the UK, Europe, Scandinavia and elsewhere might not appreciate Tony's boldness the way that I do.  Being an out-of-the-closet atheist in this country is not an easy thing. More often we tend to silently suffer the religious professions and low-level proselyting of our theistic compatriots.  I understand that this topic is not about atheism, but the fact that it was started by an American is somewhat remarkable.

So thanks to Tony W for starting this topic, expressing what others were certainly feeling, and catalyzing this discussion.  I expect that the community will be better for it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

Quote from: Gritter on February 18, 2010, 03:33:33 PM>:(  What did you say you are!!!!! >:(

Sweet Mother of God!  It's Tony! Tony, I say! Get him, not me!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SE

Loved the nuns, I say Ted,s a prime candidate, get him!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80