RIP Douglas Lars Fieger - The Knack

Started by Greeny, February 17, 2010, 01:35:50 AM

Greeny

His song 'My Sharona' will live forever though

Douglas Lars Fieger, 57, lead singer of the rock group The Knack and composer of the 1979 #1 hit My Sharona passed away at his home in Woodland Hills, California on February 14, 2010--Valentine's Day. Doug had battled lung cancer for six years. He outlived, for many, many years, his doctors' prognoses.
In person, Doug was brilliant, witty, with a wry and biting sense of humor. To those who loved him, his sometimes outspoken and argumentative nature (another Fieger Family trait) was recognized as a thin facade for a genuinely caring and gentle soul. Someone once remarked, tongue-in-cheek, that "Doug had more friends than he could shake a stick at, not that he didn't try."

mr2kewl

My Sharona....

like my uncle said when he knew his days were numbered as prostrate cancer pursued him relentlessly,

"The bus pulls up for everyone and you have no choice but to get onboard for the ride"

Douglas Lars Fieger
                                                   R.I.P.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

launched

It has been said that an artist's true success can be measured by whether someone has been parodized by Weird Al Yankovic.

Douglas Lars Fieger was the songwriter that made Weird Al's carrer. "My Bologna" was the first music video Al created, and the first recognizable parody other than "Dr. D Superstar".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4_G7HHJ0GE
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover