Shattered (Unplugged) - Sandy Gritt

Started by Gritter, February 15, 2010, 11:55:23 AM

Gritter

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

If someone asks me what my fovourite song is I could say I have many, or it depends on my mood, or that my favorite song changes from time to time. But the one song that has always been a favourite, since I first heard it at age 11, is Shattered. I bought the single and I was instantly changed forever.

What is so great about this song to me is Mick's spontaneous vocal performance...never to be duplicated. If you've ever heard them play it live it doesn't even sound like the same song. So why the fudge would I try taking it on?? I don't know...No unplugged Stones posted yet?...It's a fun song and I love spontaneity...I did miss a few lines in my quest to be spontaneous so here they are:

- Ain't you hungry for success, success success success?
- What does it matter?
- My brain's been battered it's splattered all over Manhattan.
- Pile it high on the platter.

I never figured out the middle section so I made it up as I went...and I know I've said too much...shadoobie.

Thanks for listening...
Sandy.

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Satchwood

Great cover Sandy~~!!  I like your singing on here - great fun listening!  sha do be!

I actually saw the Stones in Detroit during their Steel Wheels tour - very entertaining....

..but i like your version here better! -> i like how you do those acapella parts...you got great vocal control on those 'special' parts WoW!

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

launched

Awwwww yeah!! Snazzy!

You definitely made this one your own, man! Really exciting and out there. It was all good!

Some Girls is one of my favorite Stones albums - And the most borrowed. It was hard to keep that one tied down.

Anyway, really cool and different cover, bro!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

cuthbert

'Some Girls' was a great album and proof that the Stones could remain relevant and still put out a solid album after their 'prime'.

Sandy, your cover captures a lot of the spontaneity of the original, and yet it comes off sounding like your own. Great job, mang!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Wiley

Another superb addition the the unplugged fest!! Great job!

Oldrottenhead

you have a fantastic voice sandy, (made very clear to me with our recent drunken experimental duets, i pale alongside you) you have made this your own, i feel shades of two davids in there too. of the thomas and byrne varieties.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Great cover make all you own, love it when someone take a song somewhere else.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

Incredible vocal here Sandy. Smooth and powerful and playful.  It works very well.  Real nice middle section. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Brilliant Sound Sandy, great vocals as always, well done..........Alex :)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs