Bands you don't Like

Started by henwrench, February 14, 2010, 01:10:55 PM

Bluesberry

And this one is live folks.  Just watch it once, come on, it wont hurt you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKBLSkN2sRk

"Throughout their thirty-year career, Rush, more than any other three-piece rock group, has imaginatively pushed musical boundaries. Their daring commitment to heavy-themed concept music made them a critics' whipping post but also cemented their following with legions of fans worldwide who often question why Rush has not been given entrance into America's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Further validity of Rush's importance is witnessed in the emulation of their musicianship by alternative rock bands such as Primus, Tool, and Smashing Pumpkins."

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Just listen to the damn bass line during the guitar solo and you will hear why he is one of the top rock bass players of all time.  Guitar solo is damn good too.  This is live folks!!!!!!!!! You won't hear any better than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpCASVFyQoE

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Here is a wild youthful version.  Damn, the boys are flying high this night.  Unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtWxyRi8mwY

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

thanks for that bb, rush are a band i never really got, i remember farewell to kings coming out and evreyone raving about it,so i went out an bought it, i enjoyed it but at the time thought it very derivitave (critical youth) of yes, bebop deluxe and the like, so never returned to them, that said i have always known them to be exceptional musicians i think their drummer is stunning. recently i heard an ep they did of bands that influenced them which i though was excellent but i still dont really get their other stuff, maybe i should take my advice in the earlier post i placed and give them another go.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

Give them a try again ORH.. The drummer Neil Peart grew up in my home city. He writes all the lyrics which i find very different. He wasn`t on the first album though, although i love that album too. Everyone knows Neil and Geddy but i get upset that Alex Lifeson is soo underrated. His guitar work is phenomenal. His use of the wah pedal on Cinderella Man is out of this world. Well i can go on and on about Rush. Can you tell i`m a huge fan?? haha Just pick up their first 8 albums and the 2 live ones. Incredible!!

PeAce
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

im working my way through the vids bb posted and actually enjoying them.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Quote from: Gnasty on February 22, 2010, 07:30:41 AMEveryone knows Neil and Geddy but i get upset that Alex Lifeson is soo underrated. His guitar work is phenomenal.

I agree, the man's a genius. I was a "late" bloomer with Rush. An old college roommate (From Canada!), after ridiculing me relentlessly for being such a caveman boob, said "Oh, you'll like 'em!".

And he was right. I did.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

nathanclarke

I can honestly say i've never met anyone...not one person that hasn't hated U2 and yet they're massive. Who are these people? Must just be the irish population.
www.myspace.com/DeadmodelsUK
www.myspace.com/nathanclarke82
www.last.fm/music/nathan+clarke

Gritter

QuoteEverything out these days just seems to be cookie-cutter music, and they're all interchangeable to my ears. I never listen to the radio, ever.

There are lots of good bands and artists out there currently...lots just like there always has been. But you got to go find them. The radio feeds you popular music so if you like something different you need to go hunting for it....the internet is a great place to find good new stuff...this site for instance...ALL new music (and new cover versions).