Bands you don't Like

Started by henwrench, February 14, 2010, 01:10:55 PM

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 14, 2010, 05:04:25 PMprince all that symbol mince,

The Artist Formerly Known As
guff

Oh yes. His song 'The most beautiful girl in the world' makes me want to shove the flouncy little midgets head down the bog. It truly is one of my most hated songs ever. The pint-sized little purple pillock.

SE

UB40 What!! Red Red Wine was a classic!!
And don,t forget Phil Collins had the pleasure to to listen to his classic album No Jacket Required or something rescently, was bored out of my skull at work and this was found in the truck CD player I tell you it pass the time nicely.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ferryman

Goodness, spleen being vented here aplenty! I don't really hate anyone (I guess I'm a bit like PJ here), they're all people after all and I know I've annoyed people in the past through my behaviour even though I think I'm an OK kind of guy.

Apart from really commercial stuff and manufactured bands, I can find some good in most output even though bands like Coldpay, Queen and The Who aren't my all time faves. I've mellowed with age I guess and since being on here I am listening to more types of music. Ask me this question 25 years ago and i would have responded very differently!

A point on the Muse/Radiohead comparison, which a lot of people make. I like both bands and I don't really see this at all. Muse are much closer to Queen than they are Radiohead, the latter being shoegaze taken to an extreme IMO. Bellamy's harmonies and Brian May-esque guitar get very close to Queen at times, and Muse really are the inheritors of everything that Queen started. It's just that in Bellamy you kind of have Brian May and Freddie in one person, so understandably he is a bit of a show off.....

UB40 - well, certainly on the less than exciting side. Always preferred Fine Young Cannibals, what a great band.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

Nigel,
Me and my wife were just talking about that Queen comparison with Muse. I thought they sounded like a blend of Queen and New Order (but more guitar oriented than New Order).

Don't like everything they do, and they wouldn't anywhere near the top of my top bands list, but I do enjoy listening to them when I am in the mood for that kind of thing.

Gritter

I don't want to close the door on anyone or band...there are songs I dislike, singers I can do without, bands I don't listen to, artists that disappoint, but no time for hating.

SharksDontSleep

Quote from: Ferryman on February 15, 2010, 03:50:56 AMMuse are much closer to Queen than they are Radiohead

Gotta agree with that.
The current pompous warblings of Matt Bellamy do indeed seem to be an attempt to reincarnate Freddie Mercury.
Early Muse ... no problem ... latest Muse ... in the words of Catherine Tate's Old Woman character
"What a load of old shit"

UB40 - 1st album Ok ... Everything else ... Pure effluent
Prince ... The artist latterly known as Twat

This could run & run ... I haven't had this much fun spleen venting in ages!!

Migs

and another

Jamiroquai, as far as my untrained ear can tell, have only one song that they simpy re-name and play over and over and over and over again.

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Oldrottenhead

migs he has a great voice can dance and some fab hats, rethink
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Migs on February 15, 2010, 04:06:39 PMand another

Jamiroquai, as far as my untrained ear can tell, have only one song that they simpy re-name and play over and over and over and over again.

That's funny... I thought Linkin Park was the only one who did that!  :P