Bands you don't Like

Started by henwrench, February 14, 2010, 01:10:55 PM

Oldrottenhead

lmao mark. i'm not sexist but i can relate to that. just dont tell mrs orh.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

just to balance out my last post i hate that video of kylie in they wee shorts. you know the wan where shes up on the bar in   they wee shorts  :o :o :o :o :o :o
suits you kylie suits you kylie  :-* :-* ::) :o :o
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

prince all that symbol mince,

The Artist Formerly Known As
guff
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Tony W

Mark.... You RULE!

Personally, I used to hate a lot of music, until I started actually listening to music. The last year and a half has been a real eye opener to me, and I'm open to listening to anything and everything, including the stuff I didn't like previously.

I'm just sad that I pissed away so many years without music in my life.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

IanR

Boney M always makes my skin crawl

And James Blunt is hard to listen to.

I generally avoid listening to modern (commercial) pop music by listening to the great community radio stations that we have in Melbourne.  There is one in particular called 3RRR that you should all have a listen to over the web.  They have a great range of presenters palying many different styles of music.

There is a show on Saturday mornings called "off the record" which many of you will enjoy - going by the the subjects of the many fests that you put together.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Saijinn Maas

Where to start... There are many reasons to dislike something. For me, when it comes to a topic such as this, I tend to have a big disdain for stuff that is over-hyped.

In no particular order...

Coldplay
Radiohead
Oasis
Michael Jackson
Grateful Dead
Talking Heads
Duran Duran
Nirvana

I have a whole list of just guitar players too, but that's for a different time   heh

Greeny

This will get a few people upset.

I absolutely despise Muse. Or to be more precise, Matt Bellamy. I'd hate any band he was in. I can see he's a very talented guitarist and all that, but to me, they're just a pretentious, pompous bunch of Radiohead-lite poseurs. I can't even explain why I hate them so much, as I like all sorts of random, cheesy crap, and don't feel this way about any other band on the planet. Apart from Coldplay and Nickelback. But they can't really count, because everyone with any degree of musical taste should hate them.

It might also have something to do with Bellamy looking a bit like Chelsea's Frank Lampard. I f*cking hate him too.

Saijinn Maas

NICKELBACK!!!! How the hell did I forget about them? I gotta definitely agree with that!

I actually like Muse... to whom I wouldn't refer to them as Radiohead-lite... But that may be because I had people always telling me about how progressive and original and "heavenly" Radiohead was. I didn't get that kid of bombardment with Muse. *shrug*

:P