BOSS Br8

Started by pjd1, February 11, 2010, 05:27:31 PM

pjd1

Hi chaps anyone using a Boss BR8 and storing there stuff onto a computer , what i,m after is how to upload from the boss unit vis the optical output at the back off the unit ,, i am using a micro to store the recordings at the moment ..

PJD1
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

64Guitars

Why don't you just use the BR-8 Wave Converter to export your BR-8 tracks as wave files?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

pjd1

Hi 64 G  thanks for you reply , forgive me but how can i connect my Boss br8 with my computer ??  the wave convertor i hope is downloadable but i still need to connect to the computer ..

PJD1
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

64Guitars

Sorry. I neglected to mention that you need a Zip drive connected to your computer. You then take the Zip disk from your BR-8, insert it into the Zip drive, and the BR-8 Wave Converter reads the data from the disk and converts it to wav format.

If you don't have a Zip drive, you can find them on eBay, etc.

Here's a used one for £10 in Wavertree, Liverpool:

http://liverpool.gumtree.com/liverpool/26/52416126.html

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

pjd1

Ok 64 Guitars that makes a bit more sense , i have been trying to figure out how to use the optical output with the zip drive in the Boss unit , but a slave one straight into the computer would do the job nicely !!! I will have a look on ebay as you have stated and once again thank you for your,e time .

PJD1
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

64Guitars

The Wavertree offer seems pretty good. Not sure if you missed that in my previous message while I was updating it.

The BR-8's optical out would require a suitable recording device with an optical in, such as a DAT recorder or MiniDisc recorder. I think the Zip drive/wave converter is a better solution.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

pjd1

Just like to reply to you 64 that i picked up that zip drive today with 6 disks for 15 quid , it all works fine, i will be looking at the wave convertor this week and seeing if i can utilize the program and maybe use audacity or a similar DAW to enhance my recordings ,

Cheers and thanks again   PJD1
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

pjd1

Yes i agree even if i had some concerns with the drive , the disks would still be worth the money and the time to get them .
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8