"Unplugged Fest" - Holy Diver - Dio

Started by Geir, February 09, 2010, 12:07:46 PM

Vanncad

Holy Diver - Holy crap!

- This is fantastic Geir. I was a big Dio fan  "back in the day". Still think "Mob Rules" is a  great Sabbath album too!

You did a freaking amazing job on this tune. Wow  - I love it!!!

QuoteWell done! Dio would love the recorder,
- took the words right out of my mouth.

QuoteThe Holy Diver album was a staple where I'm from
- we must come from the same place Launched  ;D
 This is a great album.

Well done again Geir - just great!!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Gringo

really very well done, so good. How can they not be knowing Dio? really very good job
ADMIN APPROVED PRANKSTER

Oldrottenhead

am currently watching the ronnie dio version and much prefer your version geir.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Rolow

This song and these instruments are a GREAT ;D platform for your voice.  This is rich territory for you and I hope you mine it. Thanks for this post, I love it. :)

Quote from: Ferryman on February 09, 2010, 01:14:58 PMLOL! I could just about get the eq and effects on a single track to my liking in an hour, no way could I produce a whole song! This sounds very polished for something that you didn't know well.

No kidding, it takes me forever to do one track!  ;)
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

Bob Iles

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. This is one of my favorite Dio songs, and you've really done it justice.
You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing. - Edward Van Halen

Geir

wow  I did not expect this much kind feedback on this one ... thank you all !!

and yes I can't believe everyone doesn't know this one, it's a major song in my book, and mr Dio is maybe my favorite voice of all times .. the range he has is incredible, just listen to "Rainbow Eyes" and "Kill the king"
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Geir on February 16, 2010, 06:05:38 PMwow  I did not expect this much kind feedback on this one ... thank you all !!

and yes I can't believe everyone doesn't know this one, it's a major song in my book, and mr Dio is maybe my favorite voice of all times .. the range he has is incredible, just listen to "Rainbow Eyes" and "Kill the king"
Yes... Dio Rules... loved the Holy Diver album, I gotta say Geir... This one get's better and better everytime I listen...  I agree with ORH. I prefer this version... you got it goin on bro.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

pjd1

Great recording Geir some really cool playing in there and love your,e voxs ,,

Paul
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

hooper

Wow, just watched the Dio vid and heard the original for the first time and now I'm even more impressed!  Your Unplugged version is such an imaginative interpretation and so well done. 
My nomination for Best of the Fest!  :)
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Oldrottenhead

in light of the recent news conerning mr dio i think this should be bumped
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann