Self Imprisonment Maverick 31 & Wiley

Started by Wiley, February 08, 2010, 11:33:29 AM

Maverick31

Well, my words wouldn't have been heard if it weren't for you PJ! lol
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

Nelson

This is a very moving piece  of work. The lyrics are heart wrenching and the music just breathes life into them. Excellent idea for the spoken delivery and great pacing. Some time folks forget that even though they're not singing, the song still has a specific pace and there is an optimal cadence that allows the listener to really experience the intended emotional flow of the song.
And you have captured the feel of the poem and propelled it forward with your music and delivery.
A really flawless collaboration.
Bravo

-Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Wiley

You know since I did this I have listened many more times.  I have to say this has even moved me and I did it.!!  It brings tears to my eyes!!.  Would love to see what some of the rest of you could come up with these lyrics.  The feeling that went into the poem was very heartfelt.  Jeez how would you feel if this  emotion was about happiness???  I would still cry.  Cry for sorrow and cry for happiness, cry for what could be, what has been, ????  Truly awesome Mav.  And IN  all honesty, it does make me weep!!
PJ

lg

Way to go!!!
You have unleased the emotional undertones perfectly.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Redler

A very good performance with spoken vocals. That 'spoken style' is just geat for these lyrics. I love that musical background! Great lyrics from Maverick31!

-Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

Very impressed with the recording and the vocal works brillaint with the music and vibe ,, really impressed with it all ,  coool !!

PJD1
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Maverick31

-Layne Staley

Maverick31

Quote from: Bugsy on February 21, 2010, 07:35:58 AMBeautiful!

PJ does have a beautiful voice, I'll never ever get tired of enjoying it. Once again, I feel so honored that she choose my lyrics to create this... it's so touching.
-Layne Staley