Lapsteel finished!!!!

Started by StevieM, February 06, 2010, 02:34:55 PM

StevieM

Here you go, a couple of pics of the lapsteel I've just finished making.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

StevieM

Pic number 2, can't seem to do 2 on one post.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Oldrottenhead

i wouldnt want to drop that on my toes ouch. looks heavy. sounds great had a listen on your other post.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Mach

Nice looking lap...tell us a little about how you constructed it.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

You are Freaking Awesome!

OMG!

Playing is one thing....

Playing and Contructing!!!!!!

That is on a Whole other level of Awesome!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

StevieM

It's not that heavy Jim, lighter than my fav 6 string-----AND it's played on your lap ( or table or something) ;D

These are about the simplest type to make, all you really need is a plank of wood, something to raise the strings, a pup, and something to tighten the strings!!!
This one though is 2 bits of American Black walnut and an Ash strip glued together, Ash fret board, brass nut/bridge plate/control plate/rear string retainer. The bridge saddle is a little bit of of Oak and bone. Basically I just glued the bits together, cut the holes out, screwed the hardware on, fitted the electrics, put the strings on. It took about 35 hrs or so of work, over about 3 weeks.

If anyone wants proper details, I can happily do that, but it'd take a lot of typing, and be bloody boring for anyone that doesn't want to know :D  Just ask away.

And T, I started making my own 'cos I make wooden stuff anyway, and I couldn't afford to buy 'em ready made ;D

Torren61

Cool project.  Sounds good from the clip you posted.

Rata-tat-tat

Hey bud.. cool instrument. Just wanted to say I appreciate the craftsmenship. You have some real talent going for ya. Keep it comming.

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List