You're Still With Me

Started by j.g., February 05, 2010, 09:45:52 AM

j.g.

Youre Still With Me(8)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi, I have only just joined this fantastic group of people on this forum. I am back playing after many years of non activity music wise. Someone asked me to write a song to start his act off as he was using another which had copyright issues. He is a spiritualist medium so it had to be of a certain style and similar to the one he was using. This is the one I wrote. It has given me a feel for music again so I will be writing a few more and putting on some more covers (I've put on three already). I have started to listen to some on here and the standard is unbelievably high. Still have a listen to mine, and I will start commenting on some that are on here. All I can say to some of the people is just "keep up the great work"

tonyblue

Very good for what you want it for, which is all that matters.  But a song about the dead is not for me.
But it sound fine,
TonyBlue
Keep playing and getting better until you can stand the sound that you are making

Bluesberry

Well done, this is a very cool original song.  Nice piano playing.  Really excellent, expressive lyrics.  It is kinda open ended and not totally sure what the song is about, which is a very good thing.  It is open ended enough for the listener to understand it the way they need to.  This could be turned into a monster synth-pop song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Cool moody song - I like the vox, and the string and chime parts.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gritter

Excellent song! Very well put together and should work perfectly for an opening.

Satchwood

I think this is a great song - luv it!!  Beautiful melodic piano playing, vocals, & lyrics!

I'd like to do something like this as a lead up to a full blown rock solo.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

flyon90

Great piece, this song seems to have a kind of dark undertone that gets under your skin..... in a good way

Tangled Wires

This is a top song, fantastic vocal delivery over some sublime piano work.

One of the best I have heard on here recently!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

lg

Very nice all around.
This should be perfect for it's purpose!
nice composition, nice production!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

j.g.

Hi,
Thanks for all the comments, I am pleased to see that it is well received. The song it is replacing in the guys show is Josh Groban's "To Where you are" so it had to be on a similar vein - just a bit of background for you to show I am not a miserable old ghit all the time. It has worked for the few shows it has been used in. I will be doing a bit of a different version soon with a few more instruments to give it a bit "happier" feel for more general use.