what do you really look like

Started by Oldrottenhead, February 04, 2010, 05:31:55 PM

Hilary

I know what Neil (SwanSong) looks like - Elvis  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

bruno

Quote from: Hilary on January 19, 2013, 10:58:14 PMFinally found one that makes me look good!

Should have gone to Specsavers  ;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Burtog

Me with my little one 'Annie'

recorder
Boss BR-800

Hilary

My husband and I on our 1 and only date night  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 19, 2013, 04:00:54 PMI like the vocal booth, TC. Did you make it primarily for its effect on your vocal recordings, or is it more for sound-proofing so that you don't disturb other members of the household while you're belting out a song?

I made it for vocals, but it doesn't work for crap. I didn't have access to the deep 1" egg crate foam so used what I could find locally. My aim is to try and get rid of the very high range ringing reverb from the room. I've also put together blanket back drops which have had a very small (if any) effect as well. This room sucks for recording.

I'm either going to try more expensive vocal booth projects or I'll frame in a non square room on the other side of the basement and put up walls that are not flat/smooth. Everything is DIY for as close to free as I can get (which explains the results so far.)
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Hilary

Me on the webcam 2mins ago   ???

(that sounds really bad without the photo!)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on January 20, 2013, 08:49:36 AM
Quote from: 64Guitars on January 19, 2013, 04:00:54 PMI like the vocal booth, TC. Did you make it primarily for its effect on your vocal recordings, or is it more for sound-proofing so that you don't disturb other members of the household while you're belting out a song?

I made it for vocals, but it doesn't work for crap. I didn't have access to the deep 1" egg crate foam so used what I could find locally. My aim is to try and get rid of the very high range ringing reverb from the room. I've also put together blanket back drops which have had a very small (if any) effect as well. This room sucks for recording.

I'm either going to try more expensive vocal booth projects or I'll frame in a non square room on the other side of the basement and put up walls that are not flat/smooth. Everything is DIY for as close to free as I can get (which explains the results so far.)

have you tried towels - you could make a sort of 3 sided pop-up tent (one side open) and line it with towels or drape towels from the frame - just a thought :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

IanR

Hi folks

This is me..............

I got caught in a suit for the first time in about 10 years.

The guy in my avatar photo is Ian Robertson too.  I found him when I searched for "Ian Robertson" images.  There were thousands.  He was one of the more interesting Ian Robertsons.

I'll post some shots of the studio some time in the future too.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

IanR

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

For those members with young children, put a copy of this on the mantlepiece and it should keep them away from the fire.  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800