Gilmorish clip

Started by tackium, July 22, 2008, 07:33:57 AM

tackium

CNsoloclip
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I made a comment in the effects forum about the "Thirdz" preset sounding like Gilmour. So to show it I made this little clip. Ive been known to play it less sloppy but I left all the flaws in to show it's not some recording trick of the original. So all the pinch harmonics fly in all the wrong places, there's tempo issues, etc.

The guitar is a Fender standard (American) bridge pickup.
The rythm is rock4 v2 slowed down to 60.
There's an acoustic in the backing track using one of the piezo presets, with the reverb streched to 4.0 s and the tone to -12. I don't like the way it turned out.
There's also a "Sunstar" (chinese) copy of a Les Paul doing the power chords in the background.

guitarron

Damn man-
thats pretty freakin close!
nice job of it btw

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

Aw, cmon ... you copied that off the cd!! JOKE!!! lol.  ;D
Yeah it is close. Playing was too!

71MartinD28

That was awesome!  My compliments to the chef!

tackium

Funny thing is he actually uses a ton of stuff (Flanger and phaser, Univibe and Leslies, Big muff and Ts9 all at the same time!) to sound like that, and these boss (or Roland I guess) guys managed it (closely)with only chorus and delay plus the distortion by an emulated Soldano. Gilmoure does not use chorus!

stujomo

What a great track. I have the wall and wish you were here on original vinyl. I always loved that comfortably numb solo.
Do you have the settings that you used for that lead? I would like have that tone myself.
Just out of curiousity do you use the br with headphones or do you use an amp with it.

tackium

Hello stujomo,
It's the Factory Preset named "Thirdz". That was the whole point of this demonstration, that they nailed the Gilmoure sound from factory in the Micro BR. I do use the headphones (a really expensive sony model, brutally honest rendition, everything always sounds bad), but been connecting to an amp last couple of days.

PhilFromIT

Great job on the lead solo. It really does sound a lot like Gilmour.

-Phil

97teledlx

Considering ALL the complex gear Gilmour has to use to get that sound, I'd say you could not possibly get closer with a $200 piece of equipment (the Micro BR that is).  Your playing and timing is right on.  Outstanding job.