Sound Click ??

Started by pjd1, January 29, 2010, 12:31:00 PM

pjd1

Just a question for a newbie i have noticed people using sound click to play there songs , does this copyright them and what other advantages using that site is avaliable !!

Cheers

PJD1
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Jim1970

I started to use Soundclick Because Its almost like a MySpace Page and you can upload your songs that my have more MB than 4. That means the song will be A little better sounding.  you can also use a Thing called a Widget so you can put a Jukebox of all your music on something like Facebook, ECT. You can also have artwork for each song.
It's pretty col and it's free. There is also information how to Copyright your music.
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Torren61

The way I understand it, once a work is created...it's automatically copywrited.  Now, if you put it on a medium such as SoundClick or SongCrafters , you have a record then you have a way to prove when you created the work.  If someone steals your work and makes $1,000,000 by using it...you can sue them for the mil.  But that's all you can sue them for unless you actually file for a copywrite with the gov.  If you get an official copywrite then you can go after actual damages PLUS punitive damages.

Greeny

If someone steals your song, make a pact with yourself to track them down and hurt them horribly, lol. It's quite good to have a date-stamped electronic trail of when you did the song. Even having songs on here is a kind of evidence I guess. Assuming our songs are good enough to be stolen, of course!

pjd1

Hi Jim Torren and Greeny thanks for your,e replys , cant really make me mind up about the soundclick site , i ll have a think about it , alot of you guys seem to be using it ,and yes it would be nice if our stuff is good enough to steal !! and to be honest alot of it is !!!  i will check out youre soundclicks pages and thanks again for youre time ..

PJD1
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Jake Dollery

Other than what's already been said, There is no real advantage to using Soundclick other than it's another outlet where you might get noticed - it links to other social network sites and it's another line on the google page if someone's looking for you. I can't say I'm a fussed either - it's a bit cumbersome to use but I do like their chart system. Ultimately, when it comes to music sites - Myspace is king (apart from songcrafters of course)

pjd1

Thanks Jake checked out youre music and its really good stuff !! reminds me of the fin brothers stuff !!! I am sure you know who they are !! i hope that is a compliment to you ,,

PJD1
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8