the unplugged fest

Started by Oldrottenhead, January 26, 2010, 07:28:19 AM

Frank53

Yes, kudos to everyone! This is a great fest. The variety of material is amazing, as is the quality of the performances. Some really innovative ideas. Guess I better contribute something. Hmmm... let me think.  ???
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Mach

So many good songs on here...not just the Unplugged fest, but all the music forums. There are so many, so fast it's hard to keep up with them all. I don't spend a lot of time on the net everyday so I've missed most of them. I need to get working on something for unplugged myself.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

The Unplugged Festival is already a great success and we're only 13 days into it. There are still 23 more days left! The previous record of 45 songs (for NeilFest) has already been broken. We're currently at 48 songs. Since we're not even halfway through the festival, I wonder if we'll hit 100 songs before it's over? That would be cool, wouldn't it?

The total time of the 48 songs is 2:46:00. You could fill two 80-minute CDs and still have a couple of songs left over to start a third CD.

Anyway, my thanks to everyone for the enthusiastic response to this festival. All of the songs have been great and I hope there are plenty more yet to come. Keep up the good work.

Finally, I'd just like to remind everyone that "unplugged" means an acoustic cover of a song that was originally electric. Most of the songs so far have been excellent examples of this. However, I think a few might be covers of songs that were originally acoustic. An acoustic cover of an acoustic song is not unplugged - it's just an acoustic cover. Unplugged is when the original was electric and you cover it entirely acoustic. So please keep this in mind when choosing your next song for the festival.

Here's what Wikipedia says about "Unplugged":

"The term Unplugged has become a term used to describe music usually heard on amplified instruments such as electric guitar and synthesizer that is rendered instead on instruments that are not electronically amplified, for example acoustic guitar or traditional piano, although a microphone is still used.

The word became incorporated into the title of a popular MTV series that began in the 1989/1990 US TV season, MTV Unplugged, on which musicians performed acoustic or "unplugged" versions of their familiar electric repertoire. Many of these performances were subsequently released as albums, often featuring the title Unplugged."

And if you haven't already read it, please see my description of the festival here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5851.msg73768#msg73768

Thanks again, and keep 'em comin'. We're not even halfway into the festival (ends Feb 28th), so there's still plenty of time to record your songs and get them posted.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website