Free Now

Started by chapperz66, January 24, 2010, 11:16:26 AM

chapperz66

I guess that it would help to put the link in rather than expect you to guess!  D'oh!

www.myspace.com/sarahcudmore 

OsCKilO

I don't know how I missed this...............

This is sooooo Stunning....

Beautiful, majestic and Sublime.

Unbelievably good......
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

This is a Keeper.......

On the Ipod....

I love this song!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Redler

Quote from: Redler on January 24, 2010, 12:34:45 PMVery beautiful and well presented. An excellent composition and so fresh. Downloadable song, absolutely! I really enjoy this!!!

- Kari

I said this in January and it is true... I have listened this many times in my mp3 player!

- Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pamala

what a sweet sound..loved it!

scottieD

Beautiful, calming...sublime.  Wonderful performance, beautifully captured. :)

recorder
Boss BR-800
   Okay to cover...not sure why you'd want to though...

alfstone

It's perfect, nothing to add. Perfectly recorded too. The guitar sounds very natural, and your friend has a great voice. She reminds me someway Jaqui McShee...

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

chapperz66

Thanks for your kind words.  I'll make sure that I pass them on to Sarah - I know she'll be really pleased. 

I think she'll be coming up in a few weeks time to record another song so I'll post it when it's done.

Paul

AndyR

More kind words from me...

Lovely song, lovely voice, lovely guitar playing, lovely harmonising...

... just lovely :)

Oh yeah, and you've recorded/mixed it quite nicely as well... :D

On my very first listen, I thought the lead vocal seemed a bit dry when it came in. But of course, the minute the backing vocals came in, I could see why - too much reverb would spoil it. Next listen, it's not so noticable, because you're anticipating the harmonies anyway... but it might be worth investigating whether there's anything you can do to the lead and initial "ahs" before and up until the harmonies really arrive (the "where will I go")... just a little something, not noticable in itself, and really only for the first time listener...

Otherwise, to your original question - no nothing else needs adding. You could probably stick some tasteful stuff, like maybe slide guitar impersonating strings, and get away with it... but the beauty of this recording is in her rhythmical picking and the amazing sound she's made with the multiple voices :)

WOW! Just heard the "One day" near the end - is that serendipitous, or did you or she do something deliberately to make it stand out so clearly and appropriately like that?

Superb work :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Black Mary

The picking is so clean. Sounds fantastic. And a great melody over the top. Sounds like it comes naturally and easily to you. I love Jon Anderson's songs & the singing puts me in mind of him a bit. Really nice stuff
kingliggermusic