Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Maverick31

"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

Satchwood

Hey Mav, it looks like a couple of guys hi-jacked your thread for some comic relief...don't be offended, this sort of thing happens from time to time  :P
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Maverick31

"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

vierge99

... wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy?
recorder
Boss BR-800

Glenn Mitchell

Maverick, on a serious note, you have lots to say and tho the depressing stuff can only take you so far before it starts to sound over indulgent or rambling, it's still material to work with that has passion and emotion.
I'd say it's time to get down to Editing if you are trying to get a song out of it.
It's going to have to be sung, so some semblance of order and rhyme might be a good place to start?
See how FEW words you can use to convey meaning.
Even if it seems enigmatic, it can be a very good thing if people have to think a bit about your meaning. Metaphor is powerful, particularly original rather than overused.
See if you can get them to have some rhythm of their own.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Satchwood

Great words of advice M_Glenn_M!! i can use that for taking some of my emotional mind dumps and assembling them into likeable songs....
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

vincent

I don`t have a bit of advise for you Maverick31, I could say I`ve been there, and some of the best writing we do is in that emotional state. this leans towards lyric more than poetry. peace to you.