Anyother attempt at an poem/lyric

Started by Maverick31, January 24, 2010, 01:50:51 AM

Maverick31

This was wrtten in a bit of a rush... could sleep, so I figured I'd give it another shot... hope it's any good.

Enjoy, hopefully. ;D

Alone

How can one feel so much love yet cope with one
Who doesn't reciprocate those same feelings?
She's here but emotionally she's empty
My soul is hollow, filled with depression,
Anger, frustration, and emptiness, I hate myself

Alone in this cold world, with no support, no one to interact with
How much pain can one endure?
It's a love, hate relationship, with no way out
I am trapped in my misery, no escape
She has complete control over my being

Melancholy is overwhelming, how can I keep this up?
Being stretched so thin, will I snap?
Love is starting to be an illusion...
She claims that she still loves me, but hates me, what is that?

These frightening thoughts have taken over my soul
 I try to hide my tears of sorrow, but sometimes it's Impossible
Falling down, falling fast and you don't care...
This room is constantly spinning...
I can't think rationally any longer

I'm being mind fucked; nothing I do is good enough
A soul filled with so much sorrow and hatred
that it's dying, fading away....
Eyes black out from all the pain

I still love her... but, will she still stay?
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

Wiley

Maverick31

-Layne Staley

Maverick31

Besides, I am a dark and depressing person in general. Romance is great and all, but I haven't been in an romantic situation in quite some time.
-Layne Staley

Satchwood

Yes, these are some dark lyrics & you are a very good writer.  Writing is a great outlet isn't it? 

I am impressed with your writing abilities; but your last sentence scares me to be honest...
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Maverick31

Well, I guess we could always take that part out... that would be the first time I've changed a lyric, but maybe it's for the best. Besides, now that I read it again, it doesn't flow well anyways.
-Layne Staley

Maverick31

There, I just through in an extra line really quick, and deleted the others. This line was just tossed in as a replacement, so it's a lame one.
-Layne Staley

Wiley

Came back for a second look  ;)  See you've changed a line!.  this fits a little better I believe!! Course I'm not much of a writer!  Have to admit I don't know what Xanex is!.  And you know something your are becoming a good writer!  I think that's what makes for the best writings. Life's ups and downs that's what it's all about and music is a way to express those thoughts! It will be interesting to watch you write about lifes up side!  If you put as much emotion into that side of life, you will be well of your way to becoming an acomplished writer!!   I will be watching to see how you develope your skills!!  ;)

Maverick31

Quote from: Wiley on January 24, 2010, 10:57:07 AMCame back for a second look  ;)  See you've changed a line!.  this fits a little better I believe!! Course I'm not much of a writer!  Have to admit I don't know what Xanex is!.  And you know something your are becoming a good writer!  I think that's what makes for the best writings. Life's ups and downs that's what it's all about and music is a way to express those thoughts! It will be interesting to watch you write about lifes up side!  If you put as much emotion into that side of life, you will be well of your way to becoming an acomplished writer!!   I will be watching to see how you develope your skills!!  ;)

Thanks, maybe one day in the future I could try to write about something positive, but there really isn't or hasn't been positive for a very long time. So I guess I have to unload.
-Layne Staley

Wiley

:D  It's ok to unload... but no positive?   I don't agree with that!!  I think there's been some pretty good positive here in the last few days!!  Hell I made 2 different songs out of one set of lyrics!!  I'd say that was inspiring and positive.  Wouldn't have done that without your words.   ;)
PJ