Funny, ugly, over the top, too serious or just plain goofy band photos

Started by Gritter, January 22, 2010, 02:15:28 PM

Hi found a couple of piccies from way back, one of me relaxing after a hard gig and a publicity photo of a band called Joker. That's me with the bald wig, unfortunately I don't need a wig any more.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

Cool pics, Willie! Is that a large bottle of scotch helping you relax? I like your style!

Sure was Greeny, I was relaxed as a newt about ten minutes later.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

No this isn't the band's day out at Ascot. It's "Tuska" on tour in Turkey in 1969. From left to right Dave Jefferies, Willie Wendon, Nigel Paul and Les Warner.  Willie ;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

chapperz66

Here's an ugly b&*%$£d.  Looks like I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open.  Can't remember when or where it was taken.  It was after 1976 as that's a 76 Gibson Explorer.  Great posing guitar but sounded like a dog (in my opinion).  Sold it to a guy who was later in Bad Company.

The Marshalls didn't go up to 11 but I managed to destroy my hearing on 6.

Paul

SteveB

Quote from: chapperz66 on May 28, 2010, 05:18:13 AM...The Marshalls didn't go up to 11 but I managed to destroy my hearing on 6.

CHP - Sh*t, with the size of that stack it's funny you've any head left!!
On the hearing thing. Over the last few weeks I haven't been able to hear my watch alarm, and have had to be promted by people to switch it off. Too much time on the cans lately methinks, but the fact is, loud music (noise) + age does eventually start reducing yer hearing. Not good.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chapperz66

Unsurprisingly, my hearing is not good.  I can still hear tiny noises but I have trouble distinguishing what is being said if there is more than one person talking at a time in a room, or if the telly is on and someone talks I can't make anything out.

I now seriously limit the volume on headphones when I'm recording and never listen to any other music through cans.  Unfortunately I suspect the damage is done now.

My eyesight isn't that good either but that's probably not due to the Marshalls.  I wonder what could have caused that?

Paul

cuthbert

By jings, that does look like my dad playing my harmonium...  :D

Uncanny...  :o

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 25, 2010, 06:23:54 PMcuthbert on his harmonium

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

chapperz66

This one is a probably a few years after the other one.  Somewhat smaller Marshall this time - although it was still bloody loud, especially this close.  This was the Hare & Hounds in Islington where I played probably at least 20 times.  The band I was with then had a residency there.

This one is not too embarrassing - I bet I can find worse.

Paul