Vote for the next festival.

Started by 64Guitars, January 20, 2010, 10:38:26 AM

Oldrottenhead

well i have lowered the bar a bit. after geirs wonderful entry, folk might be too frightened to post something after hearing his version of smoke on the water. but once folk hear mine it should fill them with the confidence to post their entries safe in the knowledge that it can be worse than orh's entry lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

IMO, with your two entries, we have a brilliant start to the fest.  Now, if I can just figure out how to unplug a Van Der Graaf Generator song, frigging complicated stuff. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: Pigfarmer Jr on January 24, 2010, 07:24:50 AMI have a cover picked out. But I also have an original that was erm.. post punk probably originally that I might do just me and guitar. Should I post the original first if I do it so people can hear the difference? Or does it really matter?

An original is fine if it was electric and you're re-doing it all acoustic. You should probably post both versions. I'm going to add links in the Song Index part of the jukebox page to the original song wherever possible.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

QuoteIMO, with your two entries, we have a brilliant start to the fest.  Now, if I can just figure out how to unplug a Van Der Graaf Generator song, frigging complicated stuff.
oh err missus i was well druynk then? lol

try this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpTkImmOtiE its only 9 minutes long
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gringo

hey ivee read a these posts aint you guys gettin heavy and not lookin with a sublime view regarding originallitty and post modernism dudes.
ADMIN APPROVED PRANKSTER

Maverick31

I say the next festival should be grunge/alternative... other options could be hard rock/heavy metal/metal, etc. Songs should not be any newer than 1996-8, no earlier than 1988. This is just my opinion, unplugged versions or electric... doesn't matter.
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

Maverick31

Oh, when I mentioned my suggested time frame, that was sticktly for the grunge alternative option. When it comes to the other options, the time line wouldn't be a concern.
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley