Vote for the next festival.

Started by 64Guitars, January 20, 2010, 10:38:26 AM

chrisnickey64

how bout dylan fest!!! so many great tunes in so many different genres from the great one....jus a thought from a newb ???
recorder
Korg D1600mkII
www.goodtimeshow.com

Wiley

I guess what scares some of you???  Can't you play a guitar without your effects??? Unplugged,  You, gods green earth and anything in between,  How beautiful can that be????  I really hope. unplugged wins.  l Want to see what some of you  will do!!...  I will be watching.!!!

Geir

I haven't voted yet .. still on the fence between all the suggestions I've made ..

I have a questin tho .... for most of us unplugged will mean no bass (anyone with a doublebass up for a collab?) and more importantly no drums ... I would like to be able to use the drums (808 kit of course banned) cause even if I had drums, with my limited time these days recording drums at night (only time I've got for recording) would be challenging  .......

And one more thing? When is the poll closed? and when will the fest begin? 64G ?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

In my opinion the unplugged fest does comprise also all these genres which are mentioned in the poll. So, if someone wants to play for example The Beatles songs - just go ahead :)

- Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

In my opinion "unplugged" should allow for electric bass (songs need bass and not everybody has an acoustic one), and electric pianos too, no organs, etc.  If the piano sounds like an acoustic one it should be allowed IMO.  and onboard drums also should be allowed.  Otherwise we would have a very narrow sonic pallett to work with.   But no synth sounds, no synth saxaphones or trumpets toe example.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

I think stripped down, one voice, one guitar / piano. That should separate the sheep from the goats.....

BTW - what's all the angst?
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

mr2kewl

Quote from: Flash Harry on January 22, 2010, 05:17:40 AMI think stripped down, one voice, one guitar / piano. That should separate the sheep from the goats.....

do i have to use my voice?   :o

you don't want me to use my voice.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Geir

Quote from: Flash Harry on January 22, 2010, 05:17:40 AMI think stripped down, one voice, one guitar / piano. That should separate the sheep from the goats.....

OK I see your point ... I'm convinced ....
Quote from: Bluesberry on January 22, 2010, 05:01:24 AMIn my opinion "unplugged" should allow for electric bass (songs need bass and not everybody has an acoustic one), and electric pianos too, no organs, etc.  If the piano sounds like an acoustic one it should be allowed IMO.  and onboard drums also should be allowed.  Otherwise we would have a very narrow sonic pallett to work with.   But no synth sounds, no synth saxaphones or trumpets toe example.

Or maybe not ...

.... well ... ok ...

I can live with "only-acoustic-sounds-recorded-with-microphone" .... will be a fun challenge and inspiring to se what we come up with for bass and rhythm !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

OK, I'm sold, acoustic only, recorded with mics, no plugged in instruments (I know, I know, how the hell am I going to cope!!!!!!).  It may be interesting to strip ourselves way back.  I know I have become very plugged-in lately instrument wise, so it will be a refreshing challenge to strip it back down.  Is piano still in, if it is acoustic and recorded with a mic (time to visit my auntie Donna with the piano in her parlour)?

As for song choice, the field is wide open.  You can do a cover (covers of heavy punk/rock would sound interesting this way), original song, instrumentals ( if you don't want to sing, no problem), hell even pirate songs.  The field is wide open as far as what type of song to choose.  I wonder how Van Der Graaf Generator would sound all stripped down like this, hmmmm

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

i think i'll do an acapella dont have any acoustic instruments.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann