If you use Internet Explorer, it's time to switch to an alternative web browser

Started by 64Guitars, January 19, 2010, 11:40:52 AM

Migs

I stopped surfing for pr0n for a whole month and didn't get a single attack.

True story.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Flash Harry

Quote from: Tony W on January 19, 2010, 03:56:02 PMFlash, have you played with Windows 7 yet? I've been resistant to upgrade from XP but Windows 7 isn't half bad. I wouldn't throw it on an old machine (3 years old or older is what I consider old for those of your who actually read this). Server 2008 is getting on my nerves. I'm running it on a development box and can barely find my way around. I feel like Stevie Wonder after somebody moved the furniture.

Windows 7 is what Vista should have been, stability and niceness of XP with the extra security and user features.

I'm still using XP, my colleague has W7 and will not go back.

2008 has a different look and feel, the mmc is different, but once you find everything it's obvious. Check out the cool AD stuff using powershell though. It's cracking.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Glenn Mitchell

My techie son told me this years ago. I used Opera for a long time but ended up with Firefox too. Unfortunately firefox will become the next target as it's market share increases
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

64Guitars

Internet Explorer users should be aware of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12325139

As I've said before, I'd recommend switching to an alternative web browser such as Firefox, Opera, or Safari. But if you're determined to stick with Internet Explorer, be sure to get the patch.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

lg

I  use Firefox as well, always have, always will!
But, thanks for the heads up 64!!!!!!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

peterp

I look after herds of mainframe Linux servers and for normal users they are not permitted to load browsers at all :)

For desktops it is firefox, company has dropped windows and gone linux on the desktop as well.

Market penetration is changing seems IE is falling out of the dominant position.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

peterp

Well ain't that a hoot.

I just hit enter on another post about exploding drummers and my basement win7 machine blue screened.
With a really horrible sounding error message :)
So much for trusting win7 with stability for another while.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"