I need you tonight

Started by ianjm, July 13, 2008, 05:13:07 PM

ianjm

needtonight
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I hope you dont mind Lestg but your homage to ZZ top inspired me to have a go at the same song as it is a classic.

Not as good as yours but I had a go. I even plucked up courage to sing for the first time :o

I did 6 tracks

2 rhythm guitars
1 lead
1 bass
1 vox
1 fill in lead

I used an Ibanez grg107 for the guitars and a Legacy RB400 Bass

Only recently started to learn how to play lead so my arrangement takes out the hard stuff done by billy gibbons as I couldnt do it justice.

Once again Lestg sorry for pinching your idea....
My singing has probably sentenced us in the uk to more rain  lol

galestermusic

Oh not at all! You know the beauty about covering other artist's work is you try to put a little of yourself while maintaining the artist's vision.

I wish had the courage to sing. I guess thats whats wrong, I have control of my instrument but not my voice, could get over it and practice but you did great!

I really do love this site, makes this a hobby worthwhile just from pure satisfaction, nothing more invested but some equipment, time, effort, and love of music.

Later,
Greg

SteveG

Good stuff, love that song!

Hey Greg, the MBR has loads of tools for making your vox sound better, just go for it man, there is always the delete button if needed  :D

guitarron

i can relate-i've been told i can sing-but my girlfriend doesn't count- haha

Quote from: LESTG on July 13, 2008, 06:39:29 PMI wish had the courage to sing. I guess thats whats wrong, I have control of my instrument but not my voice
Later,
Greg

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

stujomo

One of my favourite songs from the Eliminator album. How do you program the drum tracks. I've tried a few times but often end up with a mess so I tend to stick with just one basic rythym.

ianjm

To program the drums I used the step editor (ins book page 83).
I started off with step 1 as the basic beat and then recorded everything else. After that I put the extra steps in and played about with it until it sounded right.