First try at poetry, wanting honest opinions...

Started by Maverick31, January 17, 2010, 05:56:10 PM

Maverick31

Quote from: Satchwood on January 19, 2010, 07:59:42 AMHey Maverick31  -  I started working out some rhythm sections on "Evil Inside" and I do believe that it's going to be a rocker  8)  I actually have 2 ideas, but the rocker version seems to be pushing its way to the top...

I like what Wiley did with your "My One and Only" - she's fast and talented - and Bluesberry had a great idea to make this a bit of a challenge or contest to create several versions in totally different genre's or styles depending on an individual musician's interpretation. 

What do you think?

Sounds exciting to me! I can't wait to hear multiple versions, just please don't make a rap song out of it. lol

As you know, I'm a huge rock fan (any type), but I still enjoy every other type of non-rap related music.
You guys are getting me exciting for sure!
Thanks again!
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

Wiley

Hay Mav, Glad you liked the song even if it's not rock.    This place makes everyone step out of their box.    :)  I am a country girl and you won't believe some of the stuff I have done.  I know you said you don't like this sort of stuff but check this out. LOL My wildest out of box experience!

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=3627.0

Ok I promise if I mess with another of your songs I won't do that to it!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Was fun working with your lyrics!! Got 4 more projects on the burner so got to get busy!
PJ

Wiley

Here is another take on your song I won't go into details.  But this places suckes anymore.  You will be lost  so fast????  Any way  heres to you !!

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5877.0

Maverick31

Ehh, I hate writters block... well, I've never had it since this was my first take of poetry. I guess that sometimes the words just come to you... it's like I feel like putting out new material, but I lost motivation. I'm pretty sure about one thing, all of my work will be dark... it's just the way I am.
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

phantasm777

all i can say is keep writing. it will get better than even now and less writers block, perhaps. i started writing lyrics poetry at age 14, so 38 yrs later and over 1800 lyrics and poems later, i've seen the improovement in myself as you will in yourself. now, for aeach song i write the lryics for takes a bout 15 mins to half hour, and most of that time is spent counting how many lines i can fit in here and there, and manking them have a cadence with the rest of the song as well as it's own melody. my best writings are not put to music, but thats ok, they're probably more poetry than lyric anyways.
i writre spontaneously typically never even prethinking what i might write about and if i do think about it it is for how i want it to feel, or if i already have a title for it.