Hold On

Started by Bluesberry, January 17, 2010, 10:54:32 AM

cuthbert

Holy crap, Dave - this is great! I really dig the early 70s vibe to it, and how you are able to squeeze all these parts into a song without ever over-crowding the mix. Something I am also striving for.

cheers,
cuth

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Covermark

A well written and performed song. After a few minutes listening I also had the feeling your voice is very specific but really athenitic. The lead/solo guitar is in my opinion minor according to the rest of your song. If you want to I could give it a try and we make it a collab song. If so please send me a PM.

Cheers Mark

Oldrottenhead

man i nearly missed this playing catch up great production great everything great great great
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Just had another listen - Sweeeeeeet!!! I thought I mentioned how much I liked the bass parts earlier - You picked that thing up quickly!

Now, I have to ask - Do you like the jazz neck better than a P-Bass neck?

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

I definately like the jazz neck better, it fits my hand really nicely (slimmer than the P-bass neck).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Yeah, I like that style neck better, too.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gritter

QuoteThe lead/solo guitar is in my opinion minor according to the rest of your song.

What'choo talkin' bout Covermark?  ???

Covermark

Quote from: Gritter on January 20, 2010, 02:15:17 PM
QuoteThe lead/solo guitar is in my opinion minor according to the rest of your song.
What'choo talkin' bout Covermark?  ???

I'm really sorry if I embarressed someone, especially Blueberry. I don't know if I have written it right enough. What I ment was that since I like the whole song, the structure of it and the vox, the lead guitar is of another level then the song itself. I hope I made myslef a bit more clear now. I earlier appoligized for my english. I cant translate it better then I do now.

Gritter

Covermark,

I understood but I like the lead guitar/solo and I don't think it needs to be improved. I love the sonic layers and ups and downs of this song. This is such a huge song and oozes Dave's passion out of every sound played on it.

Dave,

you've out done yourself on this one! This is IMO your best work to date...until your next...keep it up, your style is your own and it is such a joy to listen to.

It's good that we all have an opinion otherwise the world would be vanilla ice cream all the time (with no pumpkin pie or pecans).  ;) to Mr T.

Bluesberry

Thanks guys, no offence taken Covermark.  As for the solo, I tried out a few different ideas and that was the one that stuck.  What I was trying to get at with that solo was, the synth part was the dream state, and the guitar comes in, that is waking up with a feeling of anxiety and some panic, remembering the dream, and a little bit of blues raunch feeling.  Its the morning after, you are awake and its time to face it all with a slight feeling of dread that fades away to calm resignation that this is what it is.  Something like that, and when I had that feeling, this was the kind of solo that came out. I wanted the guitar to sound like it was wailing or crying a bit.  Thanks for the very kind words everybody, this song feels like one of those songs that came from a deep place inside me.  I had to write this one, I was sorta possessed by the damn thing.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand