good bye

Started by wiley, January 12, 2010, 07:36:05 PM

guitarron

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 13, 2010, 01:30:55 AMi'm starting to find the site a bit more impersonal and dont visit as often as i used to,  i miss the old microrecorders.org
agreed

Miss ya PJ-hope you keep your music flowing

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

I hate the mere idea that you'd leave us. But I understand the feeling. The problem with a growing community is the debate many sites have had. You want to grow but you don't want to lose the intimacy of the original site. It's darn near impossible to do both.

Best of luck, best wishes, and come back and see us if you can.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Frank53

I barely knew you Wiley, but it's sad to see you go.
It's a small world. Perhaps our paths will cross again.

All the best.
Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

The Reverend 48

Its so sad but I understand where you are coming from PJ :'(
I don't know why Pedro is hell bent on making the site bigger and attracting a different type of member at the cost of losing the community feel...
But a lot of the regulars that have been supportive for the last 12 months aren't posting as much...and that includes me! >:(

Satchwood

PJ,

Your fantastic voice, incredible new guitar playing skills, collaborations, and fun comments will be deeply missed by me (and I'm sure by many) on this forum :(

Tommy Satchwood..

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

cuthbert

Say it ain't so, PJ! Please come back...  :'(
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Glenn Mitchell

I'm not really sure what the big deal is. Same site different categories. Seems more organized.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Mach

Hey I didn't know you cause I haven't been here that long, but I think you have a great voice. Good luck with whatever musical venture you explore
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

lg

I'm not sure what is wrong either PJ!
If you go I will miss you, but I hope that you change your
mind and don't go!!!!
Yes, things have changed here, but I feel that it is a
change for the better... more organized, and a chance
to meet new friends and here more talents!
Come on and change your mind and stay!

LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Bluesberry

Quote from: lg on January 14, 2010, 08:36:15 AMand a chance
to meet new friends and here more talents!
Come on and change your mind and stay!
Thats a good point LG.  I have seen a few waves of new members and changes here since I first joined 1.5 years ago.  We are all a little off balance right now, but things will get back to routine shortly.  I think it is better organized now than before.  Some of the more recent folks are as important to me the folks from when I first started on here.  The next wave of new folks may bring one or two people who you click with and really inspire you in your music.  By leaving this site you loose any opportunity to meet new friends and future colaborators from this site.  This is our site, we helped build it into what it is today by our active participation and it is important (to me it is) to keep this site vibrant and fun, we are the ones who will keep that spirit alive by continuing to participate.  The traffic was down all over on the site, but that is just because of the time of year, same thing happened last year at this time.  I don't believe anybodys posts are being shunned or ignored on purpose.  We will all get back into making and listening to and commenting on each others music, be it original songs, covers, backing jams, funny stuff, weird stuff, jokes, whatever.  I will certainly miss your involvement and fun and good humour in this site PJ and hope you re-consider.  WE are the ones who will keep the community feeling alive by being active on here.  Lets get cracking everyone and make some music.  Get posting folks.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand