To Admin: New Forum Format in Safari (Mac)

Started by cuthbert, January 11, 2010, 04:24:18 PM

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Pedro

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 17, 2010, 09:28:13 PMPedro:

Ignore my previous message. I found a better solution.

The cause of the problem seems to be that the floats in menu2 and menu3 of style.css are never cleared. You can fix it by adding a clear to the ID selector for header in style.css.

Change...

#header
{
   background-color: #fafafa;
   padding: 10px;
}

...to...

#header
{
   background-color: #fafafa;
   padding: 10px;

/* fix for Safari browser */
   clear: both;
   padding-top: 0px;
}

This will put the content into the main container where it belongs, although it will be slightly lower. You can raise it back up to its normal position by changing index.template.php so that the generated line "<div id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 0px 2ex 0px;">" is changed to "<div id="bodyarea" style="padding: 0ex 0px 2ex 0px;">".

By the way, there's another bug in the code which you should fix while you're at it. The "<div id="box">" just after the opening <body> tag never gets closed. So you should insert a closing </div> tag just before the closing </body> tag. This doesn't seem to have any visible effect in Firefox or Safari but it is an error.

Awesome fix! You are a star, genius mind in a dedicated person.

The box closing div I already had closed, thanks for pointing that one as well.

I can't thank you too much, for what you just did and for what you've been doing since the start. Thanks a lot 64Guitars!

:)

Mach

64 That's the same thing it was doing in Google Chrome. But now it's back to normal today...Thanks Pedro.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

bannybassman

Horray, it's fixed!! (in google chrome anyway)
Thanks a lot!!
"A guitarist spends half his life tuning, and the other half playing out of tune"

cuthbert

Fixed on Safari on Mac & iPhone, too - thanks guys!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase