Introducing Myself

Started by rraguse, January 10, 2010, 04:46:36 AM

rraguse

Hi everyone:

My name is Rick. I've had my Micro BR for over a year now and I have to say it is probably the most versatile electronic device I have ever invested in. Originally I was interested in the Tascam MP-GT1 Portable Guitar trainer. One of reviewers of that product mentioned the Micro BR so I checked it out. It could do everything the MP-GT1 could and a lot more for slightly more money, so being the value-minded person I am I got the Micro BR.

I've done some dabbling with recording but I mostly use it as a jam tool with headphones. I have learned a lot about the Micro BR since I found this community. The manual is as clear as mud on how to get things done but the tutorials here supplement the Japanese to English translation quite nicely. Thank you everyone.

2009 was a difficult year for me as it was for many others. I've had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or something that produced similar symptoms since late August so really haven't been able to play guitar much since then. The future is looking brighter and lurking about this website and listening to the collaborations is keeping me enthusiastic about making music.

Thanks again everyone. I'm looking forward to chiming in.

launched

Hi Rick! Welcome, and hope to see you around!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SE

Hope hear some tunes in the near future, welcome aboard.

John                                                   

recorder
Boss BR-80

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ferryman

Hi Rick, welcome. Just wanted to let you know I had carpal tunnel syndrome at the end of last year. Had the op early this year and it completely cured me. I was only out for about 2 weeks and my surgeon (who is also a guitarist) said playing the guitar was great therapy!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

rraguse

Thanks everybody for a warm welcome especially you Nigel because you know what a bummer CTS is. Part of my disappointing 2009 was losing my job because of a disability the CTS was horrible icing on a bad cake. No job, no insurance no medical care. I'm just toughing it out.

I played through it for a while but just kept aggravating and prolonging the problem so I decided to just put off playing guitar till it's past. It's getting better. In the mean time, I do have a Yamaha Portable Grand Piano to dabble with. It's painful too but it's not as strenuous as guitar. Besides learning keyboard can't hurt.

Rock On

Rick

Ferryman

Quote from: rraguse on January 13, 2010, 01:12:56 PMThanks everybody for a warm welcome especially you Nigel because you know what a bummer CTS is. Part of my disappointing 2009 was losing my job because of a disability the CTS was horrible icing on a bad cake. No job, no insurance no medical care. I'm just toughing it out.

Oh dear. I sympathize - I lived in the US for a while (I assume you are in the US) and my mother had a serious illness which was excluded from her insurance, so I have seen the bad side of the US healthcare system. All I can suggest is check you sleeping position (don't sleep in a position that causes pressure on your wrist), don't wear a watch on the affected wrist (I think mine was made worse by wearing a heavy watch, I don't wear a watch at all now) and support your wrist when using it. I'm sure you do all those things anyway. the bad news is that my surgeon told me that it can reach a stage where an operation is the only cure (that's where I was), but if you aren't at that stage you can alleviate the problem by looking after your wrist.

Best of luck,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Welcome Rick!! Sorry to hear about your CTS. Hope you'll recover soon. Keep banging those keys in the meantime tho' as you say "learning keyboard can't hurt". Hope to hear some of your music soon!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........