Iriver iFP-899

Started by Mr. Scar, January 07, 2008, 10:06:01 PM

Mr. Scar

audio005
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Iriver iFP-899, SndProfessional bianaural mics, roland micro cube amp unit, fender guitar

Pedro

Very very interesting! Now this is something new, here's an MP3 player that can record with good quality.

Regarding the song: I like it! It makes me imagine things. For example, the first time I heard it I imediately imagined myself in the summer travelling on a car with the open hatch near the sea and blinking my left eye to ladies passing by every 50 meters. Thanks for reminding me the summer! :D

Recording: How did you do the multitrack?

Thanks for sharing Mr. Scar. ;)

Mr. Scar

Thanks admin.  I got the multi tracks by using a Boss Lop Station RC 20XL.
It made me think of traveling also....I used it for this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v38LMxZPHqY

Pedro

Quote from: Mr. Scar on January 08, 2008, 10:04:29 AMThanks admin.  I got the multi tracks by using a Boss Lop Station RC 20XL.
It made me think of traveling also....I used it for this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v38LMxZPHqY

That video reminded me of a game I used to play a few years ago. Vertigo Flight Simulator - http://www.astro.ku.dk/~norup/vertigo/

I wasted so much time trying to land the planes on the cruiser before I knew that I had to deploy the hook (had to press H to deploy it)... ahahah

Mr. Scar

I love these flight simulators. I gotta try that one you linked. The one I fly has online dogfighting...I'm addicted.

Pedro

Quote from: Mr. Scar on January 16, 2008, 02:04:00 AMI love these flight simulators. I gotta try that one you linked. The one I fly has online dogfighting...I'm addicted.

Yeah, me too. I found out that the one that I posted isn't the one I played many years ago, it was another I can't seem to find!

There was this Yeager game that was pretty cool and Strike Commander, what a awesome game this was, Wing Commander was also extremely cool. Man, those were great games. I think I will open a thread to discuss this, sorry for the offtopic.

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: Mr. Scar on January 07, 2008, 10:06:01 PMIriver iFP-899, SndProfessional bianaural mics, roland micro cube amp unit, fender guitar

Just curious, my iRiver IFP-895 (the 512MB version) sounds like horse-hockey when I record anything with it. Any suggestions? My guess is the internal mic is bunk. I guess the binaural mics you used are the main difference in this case.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Mr. Scar

Yeah, I used the binaural mics. Unfortunately someone stole my iriver unit, damn I miss that thing. The line in, external mic, and level settings all worked really well for me. 

I think if you check you settings you should be able to get a decent recording using the internal mic...not sure though.

That single AA regular battery power source was nice.

BossMicroBRew

Thanks, I might have it tinker around with it some more. As old as mine is, it is definitely a fine piece of equipment...but I never could forgive iRiver for giving me FM, but leaving off the AM radio...blasted!

You're right though, the single AA was great.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

indierik

I love this weird little piece. It's sounds like music to some bizarre David lynch movie. I love the sound of the keys, thats what makes this piece so wonderfully bizarre, like a peanut butter horse being ridden by a naked midget.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche