Jane's Room by henwrench

Started by henwrench, January 07, 2010, 03:31:36 PM

Bluesberry

Quote from: Torren61 on January 14, 2010, 10:03:39 PMBtw, what's double tracking?  Also, what's a measure?  How do I know what key I'm playing in?  How do I know if it's an eighth note or a quarter note?
You got questions Torren, thats a good thing.  Time to dig in a bit. 

Great flipping song...stands up to repeat listens (12 and counting...)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

henwrench

Quote from: Torren61 on January 14, 2010, 10:03:39 PMBtw, what's double tracking?  Also, what's a measure?  How do I know what key I'm playing in?  How do I know if it's an eighth note or a quarter note?

Double tracking is the process of doing say, a lead vocal, and then doing it again on another track. I then pan one say L20, the other R20 and you get a bit of natural chorusing going on because the two vocals are going to have very slight differences in tuning and delivery. I like to pretty much always double track rhythm guitars and hard pan them left and right (L50/R50) which just gives a huge stereo spread and makes it all sound nice and wide.
  As for the other questions - Pass! Try asking 48 or somebody who know's more about theory, I'm afraid it's never been a strong point of mine.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

I just had to say that I agree with the comments everybody has already made. Great song, truly original and very well recorded.  Love it.

Paul Chapman

pjd1

Ferkin great song with loads goin on must listen to some more of youre stuff , great arangement must have took you a while to nail some of those stops Talented lad !!!

Keep them comin !!!!

PJD1
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Oldrottenhead

bb you are a man that can sum up what we are all thinkng and cant express in a sentence.
yeah baby                  this is art!

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

mike

This is the second time in a row I've been really impressed with your material.  This is just great.  Keep them coming please.  You get another maybe eight or so like the two I've heard recently and you'll have an album that would have to sell.  Very cool lyrics also.

Mike

Satchwood

Luv this crazy ass song man - just flippin luv it!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Owen Bourne

Tharek is giving me guided tour!

Love this track. Bit like Supergrass who I love. Like the off key piano bits and really lively. Great stuff you should be signed to label but it's all shit business better off without it.

henwrench

Quote from: Owen Bourne on February 03, 2010, 01:57:17 PMGreat stuff you should be signed to label but it's all shit business better off without it.

Yep. Sounds like you know how shit it can all be too. This place is way more fun and rewarding.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gringo

Wow, did not be hearing this one before. Is Jane a real person or off a cartoon like what your brain must be?
ADMIN APPROVED PRANKSTER