Jane's Room by henwrench

Started by henwrench, January 07, 2010, 03:31:36 PM

Wiley

This is very catchy!!  Yup toe tapping, thats a good description!!

Oldrottenhead

wow mark, the small faces crash into the wonderstuff in a helium factory, keep lickin thos frogs  man.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 07, 2010, 05:26:46 PMin a helium factory

it's all the fresh, cold sea air. My word, it livens you up when no body turned up with any w**d... fuckers! Gotta stick with the Baileys with Coffee  :-[ but it works... ;)

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Great song, henwrench - especially loved the drony synths and tempo hitches. Your vocals sounded good to my ears, and not too low in the mix - I too am a fan of the double-tracking.  ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

des0free

This is excellent.  Reminiscent to me of early (Peter Gabriel era) Genesis, which I like a lot.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

It may be -15 degrees outside but it's many degrees away from normal in the land of the Henwrench. An absolute killer, great, great sounds for a live recording. The tempo changes and wackiness of the slightly off kilter guitar add a lovable edge to this, and the keyboard sounds are great, they really make this so hooky. And the vocals, well they are just awesome. They are at just the right level for me, and the high parts are fab! It's a great song, but we are kind of getting used to that from you, no surprises there. I hope you are getting this stuff out in the real world, it is really, really strong material that needs (and deserves) a wider audience.

Now you have to share more with us how you did this and who your buddies are that helped out. Part of a regular Henny band? And how did you get such a great live recording - everything going through a mixer, some overdubs of the instrument parts?

BTW, this shares a lot of common ground with Bosko Schwarz's work on this site - do check it out if you haven't, you will really like it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nelson

Great job.  Live recording or not.  You guys are jamming.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

lg

This is way out there...I Love It!
Bravo

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

mr2kewl

i was effing blown away by this cut!!!

top shelf, henwrench

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra