Guitar Amps

Started by henwrench, January 07, 2010, 05:46:04 AM

henwrench

yea, that VT15 looks good and I'm pretty sure the local guitar shop stocks 'em.... I reckon i'll go and have a play with one.... nice one, Justin.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Justin_Case

The VT15 is a nice amp, especially for the money. 

My son is the beneficiary of a father who loves gear and can't pass up a good deal - in the music room he has a choice of 8 other amps to plug into, so the little Vox for him was a great fit.I chose it for my son for his first amp as a great all arounder.  Great price, even at full retail.  Modern appointments, the benefits of a Tube preamp section, small and lightweight and great sound for a little package.

If it were to be the only amp I'd be owning / buying, I would take a hard look at the VT-50, the added headroom, 12 inch speaker,  and the ability to use an external cab are big pluses over the VT15 or VT30.  More money, but a lot more flexibilty in usage.

henwrench

Quote from: Justin_Case on January 08, 2010, 11:09:55 AMThe VT15 is a nice amp, especially for the money. 

My son is the beneficiary of a father who loves gear and can't pass up a good deal - in the music room he has a choice of 8 other amps to plug into

Can you be my Dad?   ;D ;D ;D

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Justin_Case

Quote from: henwrench on January 08, 2010, 11:48:16 AM
Quote from: Justin_Case on January 08, 2010, 11:09:55 AMThe VT15 is a nice amp, especially for the money. 

My son is the beneficiary of a father who loves gear and can't pass up a good deal - in the music room he has a choice of 8 other amps to plug into

Can you be my Dad?   ;D ;D ;D

henwrench

Sure - Now got outside and wash Dad's car.   :)

Did you get to do any shopping????

henwrench

Quote from: Justin_Case on January 12, 2010, 01:14:33 PMDid you get to do any shopping????

Not yet, I've just had to MOT the car, and gonna be paying my tax bill soon, so maybe Feb or sometime after.... checked out the vt15 a bit more though and it does look pretty tasty, thanks for the tip!

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Dmann

it's funny because I own a 1978 Marshall MKII Master Model 100w Lead amp head and I run it into a 4x12 JCM800 cab. If i plug my guitar straight into the high sensitivity input, turn the pre-amp to about 8 and the master to about 6, with no effects, stompboxes or anything else It sounds exactly like Malcom/Angus Young off the High Voltage album. Of course I do have to adjust my volume on my guitar because I use EMG's, I find though at about 75-80% it's pretty acurrately emulating gibson humbuckers. One thing though... it is WAY F--------G LOUD!