View and a Glass of Wine (original piano/guitar composition)

Started by Satchwood, January 06, 2010, 03:21:23 PM

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Maverick31

IMO, Satchwood's guitar work is more technically advanced that Satriani himself. Malmsteen is a speed god, and works mostly with arpeggios but Satchwood is right up there with him... now he just needs a great backup band to play with. Most of the people in the US aren't into this type of music (well in my crappy generation), but out in Europe, this type of music is very welcomed.
Shoot 25 years ago, Satchwood would have been on a record label.
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

Facemask93

Pure magic from an amazing musician , an absolutely brilliant song , had you been famous Tommy , this would have been a classic by now , WoW

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Kenny B

Yes ... inspiring ... this is excellent ... I'm having a good night ...
and I'm going to have a glass of Pinot ... or 3.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

joedonner2001

Haven't been on the site for a while.

Am at work and on lunch, listening to this on earphones.  My co-worker goes:  "What you listening to?  Do you realise you haven't blinked for the past 5 minutes?"

This is absolutely awesome.

If only I had a fraction of your muscial abilities...

Ted

Quote from: joedonner2001 on January 07, 2011, 06:24:28 AMAm at work and on lunch, listening to this on earphones.  My co-worker goes:  "What you listening to?  Do you realise you haven't blinked for the past 5 minutes?"

I'd be too self conscious to listen to music at work if I had co-workers who monitored my blinking.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Greeny

I agree with the Scarface comparison on the extended intro. The synth parts have a Giorgio Moroder feel to them. But man, where the hell do piano skills like that come from?! Absolutely mind-blowing. There's so much musical talent crammed into this track that it's almost unbelievable. To be a virtuoso on guitar AND piano is just being greedy, lol. This is massive. The soundtrack to the end of the world!

Hi Satch, everything has really been said about this wonderful offering but for what it's worth, I think it is an absolutely magnificent piece of music played and produced to the very highest of standards. Respect...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

SwanSong

Satchwood what anice suprise very NEW AGE sound toit  and very relaxing
u r doing great with the keys. nice to see more artists here doing instrumentals
and a great change for you . loved it. would b a great score for a t v show.also
super song and super original tc NEIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Satchwood

Wow, i really appreciate your comments friends on my instrumental !!  I need to get back to my piano roots, so to speak.   So hard to believe that a year has past, since i recorded this tune....wOw how time flies when your having fun! 

"On This Day" is a really cool feature; thanks again 64Guitars!

Hm, the soundtrack to the end the world,, oh i like that!  Very inspiring comment Tim ;!; i think that just stirred something...  i may need to crack open that old bottle of vino soon & get busy.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)