"Genesee"...title track from new CD

Started by Pine, January 02, 2010, 05:44:43 AM

Bluesberry

How can you not love this song...great one P-dog...so great.....like something from big pink....love the banjo and the slide guitar and the strummy guitar and the vocals and the lyrics and the backing vocals....and...well....everything really....out of the park on this one...love that lilt in your voice....I haven't heard this one in a while...and I love it all over again

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pine

wow... a blast from the past!

Thanks Dave...really appreciate the kind words. Funny how much easier it seems to write a song when all the material is right in front of you in real life. One of my favorite songs as living in the Genesee Valley has been my life since i was just 22. I'll die here. No place else i'd rather live, and i've been around.

Mike...thanks for the bump man. Haven't listened to this myself in a long while.

Warp...hey..you know the area! SW Ontario...where like out by Rainbow Country? You obviously have seen the Genesee River and the southern tier of western NY if you've been to Ellicotville. That is a booming ski area these days. I live about 40 miles SE of there in Allegany County, not far north of the Pennsylvania line. Northern end of the Appalachians. Sparsely populated as there are no jobs and no reason for young folks to stay. Family farms have long gone under. No crime, no traffic, nothing but rolling hills and hard times for those that choose to stay and those who can't afford to leave. Home sweet home..lol. Land is still cheap here compared to most anywhere else, altho nowhere near as cheap as it was in '74 when i bought my land. $5k for 15 acres overlooking the Genesee Valley with a fresh drilled well. As Archie and Edith Bunker sang..."Doz were da days"...
recorder
Boss BR-1200

StephenM

dang....I live in NC and this would be big here...fantastic stuff.....wow
and the Genessee beer is pretty good too

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Quote from: Pine on January 02, 2021, 05:52:55 PMwow... a blast from the past!

Thanks Dave...really appreciate the kind words. Funny how much easier it seems to write a song when all the material is right in front of you in real life. One of my favorite songs as living in the Genesee Valley has been my life since i was just 22. I'll die here. No place else i'd rather live, and i've been around.

Mike...thanks for the bump man. Haven't listened to this myself in a long while.

Warp...hey..you know the area! SW Ontario...where like out by Rainbow Country? You obviously have seen the Genesee River and the southern tier of western NY if you've been to Ellicotville. That is a booming ski area these days. I live about 40 miles SE of there in Allegany County, not far north of the Pennsylvania line. Northern end of the Appalachians. Sparsely populated as there are no jobs and no reason for young folks to stay. Family farms have long gone under. No crime, no traffic, nothing but rolling hills and hard times for those that choose to stay and those who can't afford to leave. Home sweet home..lol. Land is still cheap here compared to most anywhere else, altho nowhere near as cheap as it was in '74 when i bought my land. $5k for 15 acres overlooking the Genesee Valley with a fresh drilled well. As Archie and Edith Bunker sang..."Doz were da days"...

as a man who grew up in Northern NY I really appreciated the story you just presented right here.... the song too...but the stuff you just wrote... wow...15 acres for 5 g....that is awesome... yes...it is beautiful country....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

just went back and read through all the comments...hey I am 61 and at work and have time so....what can I say?  I loved the video...really added a ton.... great stuff.... Did you ever do any other video's you posted on here?  I will have to go through your play list....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24