"Genesee"...title track from new CD

Started by Pine, January 02, 2010, 05:44:43 AM

OsCKilO

Quote from: Pinedog on January 03, 2010, 10:48:59 AMIt isn't the kind of tune alot of folks on average would care for these days. maybe that's what i like about it.

People Go Nuts for this Stuff in my Home town (Hackney East London).....

Here is a link to a band I know that you remind me off.....
They Gig at my local pub.  Very Nice Guys...

http://www.myspace.com/thebonfireband
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

henwrench

absolutely love this sort of stuff...loved the solo section, the vocals, the lyrics, all ace! But maybe you should be 'Pinedawg'   ;D

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

PineDog, I absolutely love the kick off to the new album. I was surprised to read that the drum wasn't a djembe. I could practically feel that organic rush of air/sound mix at ankle level when it was played.

Great song, great imagery, fantastic soundscape. Everything in this song felt right, nothing out of place. Brilliant production.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pine

Gracias mi amigos!

T, The Bonfire band is a hoot! Listened to their posts over at MySpace and enjoyed them all. great in the pub live i bet. Probably a bunch of characters as well.

Henwrench...thanks...glad you enjoyed it. As for Pinedawg...hmmmm...it is kinda cool especially since it has the letters DAW in it...Pinedawg.com is also available. Folks might think i was a hillbilly rapper tho...  :D

Tony....to get tones that deep, the djembe would have to be the size of a garbage can  :D

i wish i had a big hand drum tho...not cheap however. If the local philharmonic has a garage sale maybe i'll pick up a kettle drum  :D I'd have to build an addition on my shack to fit it in tho...
Thanks for taking time to listen and comment.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Gritter

So easy to love this...just an incredibly good song, performance, mix and feel.

scottieD

Great, great tune - wonderfully recorded - nothing like a little bluegrass for the soul :)

recorder
Boss BR-800
   Okay to cover...not sure why you'd want to though...

Nelson

Don't know where to start.
Let me just say Simon and Garfunkel or Mamas and the Papas.
Vivid story telling and a really good musical arrangement. Love the vocal tracking. You should be very proud. It's sounds like one of those good old songs from years gone by. Honestly I have know idea where the Genesee is but I  feel as though I've been picked up and dropped right next to it. Or that I was watching an artist with an intimate knowlegde of it, physically, draw it from memory. Telling long forgotten stories with every brush stroke. Bravo  Pinedog
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Geir

You know I'm a fan of your music Charlie, and you sure don't disappoint with your new song!!

This may be your best song so far! I love the all acoustic approach and how everything balances so nicely in the mix.

That slide is really great, and I so want to buy a banjo when listening to this wonderful song !!

Looking forward to more from this forest journey of yours !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

I listened this song and read all the messages after it and the chorus is still in my head! I had to check Genesee in the Wikipedia and get information from your region. Rivers and lakes has been the source of inspirations also in my country.

Your voice and guitar sounds perfect together. Thanks for sharing the lyrics!

-Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pine

geez guys...i never dreamed so many folks would listen this. Thank you all very much. I wish i could offer feedback to all of you on all your posts i have missed...but all i can say is i'm sorry and i'll try to do better. There just aren't enough hours in the darn day.

Nelson, i've been compared to alot of folks but never S&G or the M&P's. Since neither of them ever did any bluegrass that i know of, i'll assume you are referring to my harmonies...and when it comes to harmony singing, those cats were tops..so Thanks!
If you have ever driven between Syracuse Ny and Buffalo NY on the I-90, you have crossed the Genesee...it empties into Lake Ontario at Rochester NY after 150 mile journey almost due north from it's source.

Thanks Geir. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated! banjos are a hoot. get one! The resonator guitar with a slide is fast becoming a fav for me. Experimenting now with tunings...

Kari, it sounds like you are a nature loving person. I find endless inspiration there. Thanks for listening and commenting!
recorder
Boss BR-1200