"Genesee"...title track from new CD

Started by Pine, January 02, 2010, 05:44:43 AM

Satchwood

Great song Pinedog - very warm - luv that bridge !!! 

Reminds me of the days I use to jam with my ex-step-father-in-law in Pennsylvania.  Also that's were Genesee Cream Ale flows plentifully !  Thanks for the memory walk!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

PD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is Freaking Awesome!!!!!

Live mic's!?!?!?!

This is Studio Magic!!!!!  What the hell did you record this on!?!?!?!

The Vocal is stunning!!!!!!

There is So much about this track that floats my boat!!!!

OMG!!!

It is Amazing!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Yep! Just what everyone else said. I'm loving it - Some friends are listening and giving it a way thumbs up as well.

A1, Charlie!

Sorry for the weak comment - I'm swamped  :D Really happy you are able to put a tune up, though!

Peace, and happy new year!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SE

Country to the max guitar and vox are just excellent love it.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Groundy

Pinedog, what can I say that has'nt been said this is just brilliant so professional, well done        Alex 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Pine

Thanks agin guys...

Tommy, you may be one of very few (if any) on this site that ever heard of Genesee Cream Ale (or beer)   :D  The Genesee Brewery is in Rochester, NY which is at the mouth of the Genesee River..where it flows into Lake Ontario. Be glad you are in Phoenix today. We have a like -25 wind chill...it is brutal out!

Tharek...great review my friend...should i pay you now or later? oops...forgot i wasn't supposed to say that in public! Really though man you are too kind here. I did it on my BR1200 and yes it was all live mics except for the bass (dl'd) and the drums (sampled toms from my keyboard) Really appreciate your enthusiasm!!

Mark...thanks for taking time to listen. A1 sounds just fine to me. It isn't the kind of tune alot of folks on average would care for these days. maybe that's what i like about it.

Thanks SE and Alex as well. Appreciate you listening and commenting. It has a little ways to go yet but i'm pretty happy with it so far. I have canoed the river, fished it, swam in it, and partied on it's shores many times so it's like a friend to me.

recorder
Boss BR-1200

Ferryman

PD, I'm not a country-lover but your voice sounds great here and it's a really catchy song with good lyrics. I like the picking (banjo?) in the instrumental and you paint a lovely picture with the words and music. Great demo, I'm sure the finished product will be even better.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

fenderbender

bxxxldy great -man congrats -I think this song is so .........
weaves pictures in the mind  -----
think you've found the magic formula  8) you are on your way Pinedog ,with this one -best of luck with the album --

congrats -

tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Covermark

Very nice song. Stunning vox singing together. Well produced.

two thumbs up !!

Best wishes for 2010 !!

Pine

Thanks gents..

Nigel, anytime i can get an ol' rocker like you to even listen to this stuff i'm happy. The "pickin'" on the instrumental section is yes, 5 string banjo on left channel, slide/resonator on the right. Modern "country" is a total turn off for me as well...but i enjoy 50's and 60's country more the older i get. Bluegrass is another world altogether...and one i have loved for almost 40 years. I've been hooked on harmony singing ever since the Beatles hit town. Bluegrass always features that, as well as virtuoso pickin'....but i leave that part out  :D

Tommy...your comments are music to MY ears. Weaving a picture is what i was aiming for here and what will be my goal for the whole album. As for "magic formulas", well, i think those are pretty subjective. As for being "on my way"..well, i'm over the hill so i guess i'm on my way down the backside of the mountain and pickin' up steam on my way to the toll booth  ;)

CVRMRK...thanks. i have worked hard on my singing. i was able to do the harmonies in the verses fairly easily but really struggled with the choruses. Too high i guess.

recorder
Boss BR-1200