Kingston SD 1GB 50x elite pro for $6.99

Started by 71MartinD28, July 07, 2008, 03:14:18 PM

71MartinD28

I thought I'd post this for those interested in stocking up on 1GB SD memory cards for their MBR's.  I've not tried these Kingston 1GB SD memory cards in my MBR, so keep that in mind, but I'm sure they'll work fine.  Kingston doesn't normally sell "crap" so I'm going off their reputation.

These cards are available in "limited quantities" and includes free shipping, so order now.

http://pcmemory-stores.stores.yahoo.net/kisd1gbs50xrhtml

Good luck!

robsmith

Hello,

I ordered a couple of these, I often use the MBR to record relatively long jam sessions.  Having multiple cards will enable me to keep the songs that I am working on seperate form these jams and have more time in between backup cycles to the computer.

I'll post again when they arrive, they will probably work fine.  If not, they could be used in any of our other devices that take SD (camera, pda, etc.) ...

I wonder if the MBR can take advantage of the higher speed?

Bob

71MartinD28

Great!  Let me know how they work out.

Good point on the "50x" speed spec.

guitarron

I have heard they will work-but not necessarily any faster.
Quote from: robsmith on July 10, 2008, 09:25:40 AMI wonder if the MBR can take advantage of the higher speed?

Bob

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

robsmith

Hello,

Received the cards yesterday.  Seem to work fine but no faster than a vanilla SD card.  Still worth the $15.00 though (had to buy two!).  Kingston is an excellent company. So now I will have lots of space available and not feel guilty for not using my 2Gb cards to their full capacity in other devices. Monthly TuneDown is tonight, so I'll be recording another 4 + hours of material on it!

I had one of Kingston's datatraveler flash drives (and still do) that started acting intermittent, they replaced it 2 + years after I purchased it and also upgraded to a newer model.

Bob

PhilFromIT

Thanks for the info guys. I just ordered two as well.

71MartinD28

Thanks for the review!

I'll be placing my order tonight for 4 cards!

PhilFromIT

I'm very happy with ENet. I placed my order for 2 SD cards last Friday and received them yesterday.

-Phil