Introspective Interlude

Started by indierik, December 30, 2009, 03:22:56 PM

Bluesberry

I hear open spaces, wide open blue skies. green grass and golden fields swaying to the breeze, cool winds whipping at my collar, bright shining sun overhead.  This could be a cowboy song about somebody trying to find their way home, or trying to find beauty in their life.  I think this is really great stuff, I love your style big time Erik.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Can't wait to see where this one goes! Great "little something" that deserves the full treatment of your own capable hands!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Blooby

This has such a nice, laid-back feel to it.

Blooby

Ferryman

Erik, this is a bit simpler and more straightforward than your usual work so as Blooby says it has kind of a laid back feel about it. It builds nicely and the percussion is very clever - nice potential here. Hope you can get back to this after the craziness of the holiday season.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

indierik

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 31, 2009, 09:43:58 PMI hear open spaces, wide open blue skies. green grass and golden fields swaying to the breeze, cool winds whipping at my collar, bright shining sun overhead.  This could be a cowboy song about somebody trying to find their way home, or trying to find beauty in their life.  I think this is really great stuff, I love your style big time Erik. 

I love that music can conjure up such beautiful images. You paint a pretty image,  you are quite the author. Thank you so much for seeing the beauty in my audio art, you are too kind.

Rob, Geir, Nigel, Blooby - as aways I sooo appreciate your compliments and encouragements. I find you all to be very gifted musicians, so if I can achieve even a small amount of musical pleasure for you guy's then I am a happy man.

I will work on this one and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!!!
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Glenn Mitchell

Just a fine little ditty. Interesting FX. Good one.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

fenderbender

this is contagious -it grows and grows and grows and gets inside you --
its gonna be great -

tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

indierik

Thanks Glenn and Tommy. As for the FX, I like the dry sound. The high toned plucking, which kind of sounds like the last couple of keys on a grand piano are actually the very taught A and D strings on the guitar just below the bridge and base. I thought it gave it and interesting contrast to the low-end, deep, rich guitar melody tones.   
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Satchwood

Great tune Erik - so laid back - perfect to kick off the New Year !!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)