"Eye of the Fisherman"

Started by GeoHendrickson, December 29, 2009, 03:34:30 AM

Tangled Wires

Sounds superb, and would agree with Nigels comment regarding bringing your vocal up in the mix, especially considering how good your voice is.

Just love the feel of this song, it "ahem" reeled me in!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Yeah this sounds like an amazing tune for sure!!! Gotta hear the voice and words to make the song believable, like your experience on the boat.  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

launched

This song rocks!!! I love it.

Pro vox and playing. And great songwriting - You got it all down here!

I agree with Nigel that the mix needs some tweaking. I'm no angel with the bass frequencies either, but you might want to cut the low end a bit. That would free a lot of the other parts up some, and allow you to bring the vox and ancillary parts up in the mix more.

After several listens I really love this song! Wow - Freakin' awesome!

Peace,

mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

T.C. Elliott

I love the strum pattern and the melody is perfectly fitting. I agree that the vox are being hidden. I think partly the guitars are up a bit much but the vox needs a nice lift in volume.
I've been paying more attention to percussion and their uses lately as that is probably the area I need the biggest improvement to be made. And I found you did a fine job on this one. Nice space created and nice contrast in sections.

And I'll second the above sentiments. Remix it with the vox being the spotlight.. don't lose the guitar but get them out of the way from the vocals and you'll have a winner for sure.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Gritter

this is GOLD

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUMP-alicious

lg

Great vox and guitar work is also.
I really enjoyed this piece.
The 2nd post with the vox raised up is a great improvement.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Satchwood

Wow - very cool playing and incredible vox !  Does have that lost McCartney vibe to it - really enjoyed listening !!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

mike

Good feeling laid back track.  Glad you managed to boost the vocals on take 2.  Interesting story behind it's inspiration.  Very nice.

Mike

Bluesberry

I am finally getting caught up on posts.  What a find.  What a gem.  This is what songwriting is all about.  Mix-wise, yea maybe it could be made a little fuller.  If it was me I would have that guitar pattern strumming on one side panned L30-40% maybe.  Then play the same progression again (don't just copy it) and pan that track R30-40%.  That sounds good.  Other than small details like that, this is a very excellent constructed song.  Glad to have you aboard.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Torren61

I like this song a lot.  I think the general consensus is to drop the guitars' volume a bit, spread them more, maybe a bit of bass reduction and add some reverb to your vox.  Do it again.  Great tune.