"Eye of the Fisherman"

Started by GeoHendrickson, December 29, 2009, 03:34:30 AM

GeoHendrickson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Covermark

Your voice kind of reminds me on Neil Young. Well played!!

Facemask93

Well GH , i really like this song , my only thought is , maybe bring the volume up a wee bit on the vox  with a tad more reverb , other than that wow , i love it mate , i love the guitars a lot , i think a few more plays of this are in order , well done

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Wiley

This has a nice feel to it. And I agree the vox could come up just a tad.  But great singing!

GeoHendrickson

Thank's all,i'll take the advice for sure.

I really respect the musicians on this site for solid advice..

So thank's once again

George :

GeoHendrickson

G.Hendrickson-Eye of the Fisherman
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A song written after having joined a crew of offshore fishermen off the coast of Rhode Island to get a clearer look at life,,,[clear is an understatement!]

Comments/suggestions always welcomed

Thank's all

Geo

Ferryman

It's a really nice song with a great chord sequence that creates a contemplative mood. The vocals are a bit lost as the strumming guitar is a bit dominant, I would tempted to spread the guitars more widely in the mix to make more space for the vocals. There's a nice string line (or something like that) going on which is also a little lost. There's some nice echoe-y effects on the vox also, great touch.

It's a really good song - play with the mix a bit more and it will be a killer!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Great song, Nigel has some great tips.

Your voice is fantastic. The chord progression is delightful. I really enjoyed this piece.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

This is a stellar tune!!! I really love it!

To me it sounds like the lost McCartney/Harrison demo made to keep up with Lennon's high output of home recordings.

Brilliant, catchy tune...listening again.