condenser mic... picking up a radio station!?

Started by Diego Ayala, December 23, 2009, 06:38:07 PM

Diego Ayala

Just got me a condenser mic, a tune-pre-amp for the mic, and a headphone amp - started recording some percussion and for some weird reason I am picking up a radio station - and it is pretty much anoying - if i raise the volume for headphones it gets worse - if i turn the mic preamp it goes off.

Anyone know of a fix for this or sugestion...  have been waiting for this equipment to be delivered to bush-Alaska for some time. got it now and have a bumm situation...

launched

I have no idea how to fix something like this, Diego, but it sounds like a cool effect to me. No two recordings would be alike, kind of like an MC with his special scratch section on a secret LP. But I'm odd like that...  8)

Anyway, I just thought of something. I'm getting used to the new site and am warming up to the busyness of it - Similar to trying to find a seat at the hottest pizza joint in town. But it was such a treat to head down to the 900 section and see what 'ol Diego with his 12 was up to...

Peace, bro! Merry Christmas!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

I think we have just discovered how bad the Fake mics are....

Ted is having problems with his....

Mine is playing up....

Goes to show that there is no such thing as a free Lunch..........

I want the Official boss one.....
Expensive though...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

64Guitars

Quote from: Diego Ayala on December 23, 2009, 06:38:07 PMJust got me a condenser mic, a tune-pre-amp for the mic, and a headphone amp

What makes and models?

QuoteAnyone know of a fix for this or sugestion...  have been waiting for this equipment to be delivered to bush-Alaska for some time. got it now and have a bumm situation...

This might help:

http://shure.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/shure.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_page=1&p_cv=1.61&p_pv=1.2&p_prods=2&p_cats=61&prod_lvl1=2&prod_lvl2=0&cat_lvl1=61&p_search_text=radio&srch_btn_submit=   Search   &p_new_search=1&p_search_type=answers.search_nl

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Diego Ayala

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 24, 2009, 08:54:50 PM
Quote from: Diego Ayala on December 23, 2009, 06:38:07 PMJust got me a condenser mic, a tune-pre-amp for the mic, and a headphone amp

What makes and models?

QuoteAnyone know of a fix for this or sugestion...  have been waiting for this equipment to be delivered to bush-Alaska for some time. got it now and have a bumm situation...

This might help:

http://shure.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/shure.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_page=1&p_cv=1.61&p_pv=1.2&p_prods=2&p_cats=61&prod_lvl1=2&prod_lvl2=0&cat_lvl1=61&p_search_text=radio&srch_btn_submit=   Search   &p_new_search=1&p_search_type=answers.search_nl

the mic is MXL 990
mic-preamplifier is a TubePre PreSonus
it recorded the radio...

I'll check out the link!

Thanks!!!

Diego Ayala

I just looked @ the link - and will try some of the trouble-shooting ideas...

I think my cable maybe partly to blame - pretty darn long....

Thanks a bunch!!!

Mach

My Palomino Tube amp would do that until I moved it to different locations and changed the tubes. Don't know why. I remember playing a club near an airport and our guitarist that had a wireless system would pick up the control tower at certain spots in the club...most likely a frequency thing.

I'm not sure about the MXL990 and why it would do that. A friend of mine has one and he's has no problems with it...could it be the PreSonus?
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Diego Ayala

Quote from: Mach on December 25, 2009, 12:03:36 PMMy Palomino Tube amp would do that until I moved it to different locations and changed the tubes. Don't know why. I remember playing a club near an airport and our guitarist that had a wireless system would pick up the control tower at certain spots in the club...most likely a frequency thing.

I'm not sure about the MXL990 and why it would do that. A friend of mine has one and he's has no problems with it...could it be the PreSonus?

I'll be double checking today - and try out some of the recoomendations i read from 64's link.  They had several posibilities - so I'll start pealing the onion, and hoping that it will be the 1st thing I'll try.  Thanks!