Card Read Error

Started by scottieD, December 23, 2009, 09:15:40 AM

scottieD

Hi everyone - had a card read error last night for my Micro.  If I just re-initialize the card should it be fine?  And why do we get card read errors? :'(

Scott

recorder
Boss BR-800
   Okay to cover...not sure why you'd want to though...

launched

Ah, the infamous card read error. Happens to all of us frequently. I notice more of them when my card starts to get full, but read errors can spring up at any time. I think excessive use brings them on, which is a good thing, right?  :D

You are doing the right thing, though - Back your data up, reinitialize the card and load the data back in.

The latest firmware is 1.03, so you might want to check that - All firmware updates pertain to card compatibility. There is a 1.04, but It's not available in English yet (I don't think).

Sorry to bring the bad news...

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

cuthbert

I sometimes get this error when I start recording and the card is nearly full. I usually just try again and there is no error.

Never lost anything on a card or got stuck with the error, but that may just be my dumb luck.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

scottieD

this is what I got...first, a high pitched squealing noise.....then 10 minutes later in playback, it sounded like the song was doubled and 2 seconds out of sync, and then 3rd, card read error.  And it didn't erase the song, I think I did in panic mode ( UNDO ).  Live and learn.  Also, I don't think my card was anywhere near full ( 2 GB ), but then this was my first try multitracking ( I was up to 9 tracks ).  Thanks for the help!

Scott

recorder
Boss BR-800
   Okay to cover...not sure why you'd want to though...

cuthbert

Quote from: scottieD on December 23, 2009, 11:18:09 AMthis is what I got...first, a high pitched squealing noise.....then 10 minutes later in playback, it sounded like the song was doubled and 2 seconds out of sync, and then 3rd, card read error.  And it didn't erase the song, I think I did in panic mode ( UNDO ).  Live and learn.  Also, I don't think my card was anywhere near full ( 2 GB ), but then this was my first try multitracking ( I was up to 9 tracks ).

Yikes, that sounds awful. I think Henwrench could do something with that, though... ;)  ;D

Your MicroBR can only see 1GB of your card - just so you know. Limitation of the shiny silver box...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase