Started by Torren61, December 22, 2009, 11:01:56 AM

T.C. Elliott

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

s.w.goatlips

Although I live in Oz now, I'm a Kiwi by birth and I have one piece of advice while you're there. When you're "doing" what we "do" with our sheep, make sure you lie them on thier back. Other wise you have to walk up the other end to kiss them.
Frustration is my middle name.

Torren61

Yeah, it's like that in the US, too.

What a long flight that was.  14 hours and change.  My head is still getting around that I'm in another hemisphere.  Raining here in Sydney at the moment.

Lots of different things.  Trolley instead of shopping cart.  Holdens.  Some different Fords that we don't have in the US.  Getting used to being on the left side of the road is unusual.  Ibis, magpies, frangia panny (sic), vegemite.  The grocery store smelled different (Coles).  Colored plastic money. 

I build powerlines and the poles are cut differently (yes, still long and cylindrical with a tapered end).  Voltages are different and then receptacles are different than the US.  50 cycle...I wonder what my amp would sound like here?

Migs

Take the rain back with you! I am really sick of it now.
Have you seen any kangaroos yet?
I get them around my place in mount Victoria.
Have you had a real beer yet?
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

fenderbender

hahahahahahahahaaa
its amazing theres another real world out there --

talking about poles (power lines  we think its funny that you guys have big ugly transformers hanging from your overhead lines (real cool 50's looking ) ;D ;D
110volts dc-- ;D ;D
your guitar amps dont work over here unless theres a voltage change over unit on it and you all drive on the wrong side of the road  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D-just stirring it up a little  ;D ;D ;D
have a nice time time and enjoy your holiday -Im sure its well earned ;D ;D
and be a good guy --have fun
tommy
ps you could end up drinking with some of my ancestors offspring -(a lot of irish were transported to australia in the middle 1800s (as convicts ;D)
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Torren61

VB and Coopers.  You couldn't get me to drink a Foster's if you held a gun on me.   :D

No kangaroos yet.  We're in Maroubra.  Very near Pacific Square shopping center.

Another weird thing...meat shops, produce shops and fish shops in the "mall".  Cool.  New York strip is around $26 AU per kilo which works out to about $13 a pound.  In the US, Missouri specifically, the cost would be closer to $7 per pound.  Lots of lamb here.  I saw a KFC as well.  Also saw an Aldi.  There is an Aldi in Moberly Missouri, too.

You'll be glad you got that rain by the time it's gone.   ;D  I'll bet everything is just gonna come alive after a good soaking.

Torren61

Quote from: fenderbender on December 27, 2009, 05:05:49 PMhahahahahahahahaaa
its amazing theres another real world out there --

talking about poles (power lines  we think its funny that you guys have big ugly transformers hanging from your overhead lines (real cool 50's looking ) ;D ;D
110volts dc-- ;D ;D
your guitar amps dont work over here unless theres a voltage change over unit on it and you all drive on the wrong side of the road  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D-just stirring it up a little  ;D ;D ;D
have a nice time time and enjoy your holiday -Im sure its well earned ;D ;D
and be a good guy --have fun
tommy
ps you could end up drinking with some of my ancestors offspring -(a lot of irish were transported to australia in the middle 1800s (as convicts ;D)

Funny.  Yes, we have out transformers on the poles.  Come to think of it...I haven't seen a transformer yet.  I did know that about the amp voltage and the transformer change.  I built one of my amps and there were wiring options for that, you're right.

I'm soaking all of it in.  This so fun.

Migs

Quote from: Torren61 on December 27, 2009, 05:11:22 PMVB and Coopers.  You couldn't get me to drink a Foster's if you held a gun on me.   :D
I doubt you will find Fosters anywhere here. Nobody drinks it. I haven't seen it in a pub since the 80s. Almost forgot. Nobody will hold a gun to your head here. We don't own them.
Make sure you watch some cricket. 3rd day of the test today. Australia playing the Pakis. They are batting at the moment.

Migs

They just got bowled out for 258 but avoided the follow-on.

Beer time methinks.