Going To Australia (now with pics)

Started by Torren61, December 22, 2009, 11:01:56 AM

Torren61

I'm going to Australia!  

My wife is from Sydney and although we've been married five years and her family have all visited us in the States, I've never been there.

We fly out of St.Louis Thursday morning and layover one day in LA then it's a 14 hr flight to Sydney.

This is gonna be cool....

Migs

The place is ok I suppose... what are your plans when you get here and how long are you staying ?
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Torren61

We're flying out from Los Angeles at 10:30pm and returning to St.Louis on the 11th of January.  I'm going to see my wife's homeland.

What am I gonna do?  What am I gonna DO?

I'm gonna be really loud and obnoxious in order to be completely opposite of Americans abroad.  I'm gonna make them think that the US is the best country on earth.  I'm gonna convince everyone that our foreign policy is the way the planet SHOULD be run.  After all, we DID save the world during WWII.
I'm gonna out-drink the Aussies and kiss their women.   I intend to find a kangaroo and kick his ass.  I'm gonna rub a koala's belly because I hear they like that.  I want to swim with the Blue Ring Octopi and the Box Jelly Fish.  I want to tickle a Funnel Web Spider.  I'm gonna grab a Brown Snake by the tail, swing him around and around over my head and crack him like a whip.  Then I'm off to see just what are the Maori's problem.

It's gonna be a good year..... ;D

Migs

Not sure what day you are leaving LA but whatever day, it isn't a huge amount of time to fix Australia then do New Zealand as well.

Do you know where in Sydney she is from ?
Do you have all your accommodation planned? If you have followed my posts, you might recall I have a house in the blue mountains (2hrs out of sydney) if you want to go there for a day (and I suggest you should) I can give you the keys.
I can also suggest some less touristy stuff ... like a beer sitting at the table in Bondi in the Everything Beer thread.

Torren61

Hi
This is Melinda, William's wife.

We're leaving LA on Christmas Day at 10:30pm and arriving in Sydney on 8:35am on the 27th.

We have plans to go to Mount Vic. Friends have a cottage there. No visit to Sydney would be complete without it.  You wouldn't happen to be familiar with anyone with the last name Cass?

I've lived in Sydney all of my life.  I grew up around Maroubra.  I worked for the Australian newspaper as a journalist.  I worked for Marie Claire as an editor.  Don't ask how I ended up in Missouri...long story, lol.

I haven't been home in five years.  It's scary and exciting all at the same time for me.  I'm going to cry as I always do when we fly over Sydney Harbour.  I've booked window seats on the left side of the plane.

I.am

lol William...That gave me a good laugh. You're gonna fit right in mate. Hope you have a great time here.

Migs

You won't believe this Melinda... my house in the mountains is in Mt Victoria ... in fact on the escarpment side of Kenny Street.  I won't be there over christmas/new years but friends will be.  I might head up 8-10 January or something.

My mother lived on Torrington road in Maroubra back in the day and I have always lived Randwick/Clovelly/Bronte/Bondi.  Next you are going to tell me you went to the same school as me.

Oh, and I was serious about you guys having a bevvy at the North Bondi RSL.  Tis looking good today out their webcam ... http://www.northbondirsl.com.au/cam.html

Torren61

Brother, she is running around like a chicken with her head cut off trying to get stuff together for the trip and not forget anything.  She's been packing for three weeks.  I packed in 20 minutes. 

And that fellows, is the difference between men and women.  Back up...ONE of the differences between men and women.

This could be an entirely new thread.  I'll be brief.  Why is it that when men go through the drive-thru and the total is $7.13 that we pull out eight dollars and collect the change to put in the ash tray, console, cigar box, bowl, jar or drawer...while women will dig through their purse (with 27 people in line behind them) for that .13 ?  Of course we all know where they go when they need change....ash tray, console, cigar box, bowl, jar or drawer.   Sigh.....but they ARE soft.

Migs

Why men are happier than ladies ...

EATING OUT
·    When the bill arrives, Mike, Dave and John will each throw in $20, even though it's only for $32.50. None of them will have anything smaller and none will actually admit they want change back.
·    When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.

MONEY
·    A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.
·    A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.

BATHROOMS
·    A man has six items in his bathroom: toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel ..
·    The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337. A man would not be able to identify more than 20 of these items.

ARGUMENTS
·    A woman has the last word in any argument.
·    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

FUTURE
·    A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
·    A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.

SUCCESS
·    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
·    A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

MARRIAGE
·    A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
·    A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, but she does.

DRESSING UP
·    A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the trash, answer the phone, read a book, and get the mail.
·    A man will dress up for weddings and funerals.

NATURAL
·    Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.
·    Women somehow deteriorate during the night.

OFFSPRING
·    Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and romances, best friends, favourite foods, secret fears and hopes and dreams.
·    A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.