Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Saijinn Maas

Wow... Sorry I missed this entire thread.

I am a bit perplexed at something though. I am not quite seeing why there is, not only such a heavy negative reaction, but any negative reaction at all, to this.

I tell you one thing. My reaction to henwrench's post in that other thread was perhaps misplaced a bit. After hearing this, and reading his posts here, I think I understand him a bit more in what he was trying to say.

Personally, I feel that doing something like this is very... hmm... personal. I feel fortunate that Henwrench has shared it with us. Whether it is "music" or not is besides the point. In fact, if a debate even evolves regarding that, then i think the point has been complete missed.

I for one liked this "soundscape" quite a bit. It contains something almost ethereal about it. And after having listened to most of Henwrench's other songs, I see there is something very "sinister" about it. Almost reminds me of Marilyn Manson... Or what Marilyn Manson could only hope to achieve if he were less concerned about commercial image.

Henwrench... If the offer is open to anyone, I;d like to see what I can come up with to go with this. Not sure anything will, but when I listen to it, I definitely  get a "vibe" from it.

Thanks

Bluesberry

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on January 27, 2010, 12:14:16 PMHenwrench... If the offer is open to anyone, I;d like to see what I can come up with to go with this. Not sure anything will, but when I listen to it, I definitely  get a "vibe" from it.
Thanks
WOW, that has me interested.  I would love to hear the result of that.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 27, 2010, 11:44:29 AMis the military secretly funding Henwrench so he can develope the ultimate weapon, a song so dastardly, so evil that it will render all who hear it insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfK9T4SfQqU

Kate Bush - "Experiment IV"

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

God, now that has freaked me right out, 64! I picked up 'The Whole Story' today and was listening to that track just as I clicked and saw your post. I need to go and lie down now...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

s.w.goatlips

oooh, goody, my turn. Is a "dog turd with a frame around it" art? If I made it and I decide to call it art, then who is to say it isn't? Funny that "arts" and "sciences" get lumped in together, because really, one has rules and the other doesn't. The "law" of gravity is exactly that; a law. Causing debate is missing the point? I disagree. Debate often IS the point. I'm glad Marcel Duchamp was brought into this, because back in his day controversy abounded in regard to almost everything he did in the name of "art". Toilets placed in galleries, a moustache on Mona Lisa etc. Done as a passing fancy? I don't think so. It was a REACTION to his world.
  Judgement is part of the human condition. That's what we do. When someone tells me they hate judgemental people I fell like saying "Yeah, well, kiss me where it stinks", (I mean at the garbage dump of course) and then see if they are judgemental or not!! As long as ther are two humans alive on this planet there will be a difference of opinion.....And that's not always a bad thing. (As long as they realise that I am always right).
   Now, lets talk about motivation.
Frustration is my middle name.

s.w.goatlips

As an after-thought, just one more thing. I would much rather listen to something a bit thought provoking than most of the other crap you can hear on any radio station that was more than likely made in the interests of making a quick buck.
Frustration is my middle name.

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on January 27, 2010, 12:42:41 PMGod, now that has freaked me right out, 64! I picked up 'The Whole Story' today and was listening to that track just as I clicked and saw your post. I need to go and lie down now...

Spooky!  :o

Great album, isn't it? I love the remake of "Wuthering Heights". The lead solo is awesome, as are the new vocals.
Also love "Army Dreamers". And "Wow". And "Breathing". And ...  well everything!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

Bringing it back for Christmas 2010.  One of my favorite christmas songs posted on here and should be in the Christmas Jukebox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jim1970

Wow this post is almost a Year Old.
Missed this the first time around.