A Minute of My Morning by henwrench

Started by henwrench, December 22, 2009, 04:55:52 AM

Bluesberry

Damn Gritter I can't believe you were on Narduar's show.  Thats insane. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdUyyBFZIr0

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

Well it was back in the day...before he was on Much Music...college radio is where it all started for him. He's a nut, really nice guy, really knows his stuff a real A type personality...he really liked our music. We were on his show twice. Once right after a band called Gorilla Gorilla which featured a young and sweet Bif Naked. She would have been about 19...you could see then she was going to do well in the industry.

Bluesberry

Is he really crazy or is it all an act?

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

not an act...that's just who he is...I would call him eccentric.

Bluesberry

Probably shouldn't hijack this thread with chatter about Narduar, but with music like that posted, it is really hard to interpret what it really is all about, for all we know Henwrench was writing a song about Narduar, maybe that is the secret to understanding this piece after all, it is about anything the listener wants it to be.  This is becoming like the "song removed" thread.  Now that I think about I havent seen Geir around lately, since this song was posted, damn Huldras got him again.  Huldras unleashed by the sonic girth of this post!!!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

henwrench

BB, for an explanation of 'A Minute of My Morning' take a look at page 3. It's all there...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Thanks for that, I was just sorta goofing around there. I think I understand where this kind of thing comes from, I have been doing something similar, trying to make random noise organized into music, it is interesting to experiment this way.  Layer a bunch of running water sounds together, layer by layer, it all adds up and cancels in weird unexpected ways and becomes rhythmic, but it creates its own rhythm that you can't predict and it becomes pleasant after enough layers and enough red ale.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

henwrench

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 23, 2009, 12:44:10 PMand enough red ale.

oh man, now your talking. ever drank 'Chimay', one of my faves.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Never tried it.  We have a local Brewery here in New Brunswick Canada that makes a fine red ale called Clancys.  Moosehead breweries, great stuff.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

hey bb you sure have been bumping some of my dafter posts, surprised no-one berated me for them when i first posted them way back, gawd the drunk iceland one was awful lmao.
i think we should contact pedro for an off the beaten track forum for weird and wunnerful stuff.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann