Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

I bet this is number 1 on the sound click now........

must have had  a lot of clicks!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

henwrench

By putting a frame around a picture of a dog turd, does it make it a work of art? By putting a title to a minute's worth of noise does it make it a song? Make your own mind up, it's none of my business. So I'll let you all in....
  I like my microBR. I love it. I take it for walks. I feed it. I change it's batteries whenever they need to be refreshed. I record stuff, a minute at a time and then record another minute and another and another all in parallel, until the magic happens. BB picked up on the fact that a rhythym of sorts breathed life into the noise. Nothing here was contrived. It's like I'd caught an image of a ghost, something (un)natural was captured. A beginning, middle and end showed themselves, giving it form. I liked it. I hoped you all would too, seeing what else your little shiny boxes could give you if you let it.
  I'm gonna do more of these 1 minute slices of my life but I won't post them here. I'll keep them to myself, where they belong. They're kinda like family photo's.

I'd love to know what Pedro and 64 Guitars have thought about all this kerfuffle. A Real Debate?

Tony W, I'm forever in your debt, 'cos you helped me begin my journey here. You set me on The Right Path. As far as my description of 'A Minute of My Morning' goes, it's called irony. It's a Brit Thing. We can't help it. It's in our gene's...

Osckilo, I love you. Your pictures are ace. You make old henwrench laugh everyday. Do what you wanna with 'A Minute of My Morning'. It will be Good.

oldrottenhead, I too love the Captain. Got everything he gave us. 'Trout Mask Replica'? Can't stand it, load of old shit.

Anyway, somebody should shut me up.

If anybody is bothered, one of my 'real' songs has been pretty much overlooked. It's called 'Cherry Wine' or something. Feel free to have a listen, it's fucking horrible. Give it a 'bump'.

Merry Christmas, everyone. I mean it!!

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

CITR, University of British Columbia's campus radio station has had a Friday afternoon noise show for many years...(back in th 1990 my band, @#*&! were on the "Narduar the Human Serviette" show playing live which followed the noise show). It's now on Wednesdays.

Check out the description (love the term Plunderphonic!):

ANoiZE
Wednesday (11:30-13:00)
Host: Luke Meat
An hour and a half of Avant Rock, Noize, Plunderphonic, Psychedelic, and Outsider aspects of audio. An experience for those want to be educated and EARitated.
Email: lukemeat@hotmail.com
Podcast:
Genre: Noise

This "track" would sound right at home there...not my bag at all though. I always skipped over Revolution 9 after about 1 minute.

henwrench

Gritter, dude, what about 'Mourning Glory', mang.

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

Quote from: henwrench on December 23, 2009, 10:56:45 AMGritter, dude, what about 'Mourning Glory', mang.

henwrench
not heard of them.

henwrench

Mourning Glory- Pure Guava- track 15

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

Quote from: henwrench on December 23, 2009, 11:05:11 AMMourning Glory- Pure Guava- track 15

henwrench

right...well when Eddie Dingle sings...

...I'm much more of a Chocolate and Cheese lover.

The Reverend 48

I have read this thread 3 times and haven't a clue what's going on
are you all crazy or is there a joke I'm missing again
It's all far too avant-garde for an old bluesman ;)

OsCKilO

This is the most interesting thread i have seen in ages ! Fucking awesome use of a minute!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy