A Minute of My Morning by henwrench

Started by henwrench, December 22, 2009, 04:55:52 AM

launched

Ok, I should have chosen my words more carefully - I guess I'm just not sure what you are up to, though. I do think you are seeking out controversy, which is unacceptable. This is not the site for that.

Knuckles rapped - Duly noted. Time for me to drop the subject now.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

henwrench

To Whom it may concern...
   If one of these emoticons was a handshake, I would offer it to you all unreservedly. But I guess this will have to do... :-*. lol
      controversy for the sake of it really ain't my style. I'll leave that to Marshall Mathers and Mariah Carey.   ;)

yours, henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

No Hard Feelings You Crazy Cornish Pirate!

Have some Boobs... ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

Back to the Music though....

Henwrench.....

No Offence.....

The track is "Intriguing...."

The nature of this recording....... Well.......

It's not what you have shown us before....

It's Like Going to a "Speed dating session" wearing a "Gimp suit"..... ;D ;D ;D ;)

Intense Bro.....  Intense........
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

cuthbert

Coulda been an outtake from 'Trout Mask Replica' by Captain Beefheart - an artiste who frequently 'endears' himself to his listeners with similar aural experiments, in addition to wild time signatures and harmonies.  :D

Casual and accidental listeners to Captain Beefheart usually just run screaming! ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tony W

Quote from: henwrench on December 22, 2009, 04:55:52 AMI wanted to do something really happy and uplifting before wrapping the Christmas presents and donning my Santa hat. Oh how we laughed....

henwrench

I'm jumping off the soap box as well Henwrench. For future reference, the above quoted text does not describe the posted soundscape at all. If you don't want the trickery comment, then make your comments descriptive please.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteCoulda been an outtake from 'Trout Mask Replica' by Captain Beefheart - an artiste who frequently 'endears' himself to his listeners with similar aural experiments, in addition to wild time signatures and harmonies.
i love beefheart he is my favourite artist, i have had trout mask replica for as long as i can remember (often quoted as the best album ever in various critics polls) but despite my efforts i cant get into more than a couple of tracks of it, however every couple of months i get it out and persevere with it to see if i can find a connection with it. reason i persevere with it is i love everything else by him, yes he is a challenge to the ear of the unfamiliar, but i find that songs and albums i dont like or get in the first few listens but that grow on you are the ones that stay with you forever.
i recall hearing my all time favourite album pawn hearts by van der graaf generator for the 1st time and thought wtf is that but i persevered, i listened to it last night, i got a remastered copy for my 50th birthday and it is as stunning and as challenging as ever, despite being recorded in 1971.
i also recall it was a great way to get my friends who overstayed their welcome to leave, put that on and they soon left, the ones that stayed , like myself are still fans to this day.

i am gibbering aint i.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 23, 2009, 09:33:47 AMi love beefheart he is my favourite artist, i have had trout mask replica for as long as i can remember (often quoted as the best album ever in various critics polls) but despite my efforts i cant get into more than a couple of tracks of it, however every couple of months i get it out and persevere with it to see if i can find a connection with it. reason i persevere with it is i love everything else by him, yes he is a challenge to the ear of the unfamiliar, but i find that songs and albums i dont like or get in the first few listens but that grow on you are the ones that stay with you forever.
i recall hearing my all time favourite album pawn hearts by van der graaf generator for the 1st time and thought wtf is that but i persevered, i listened to it last night, i got a remastered copy for my 50th birthday and it is as stunning and as challenging as ever, despite being recorded in 1971.
i also recall it was a great way to get my friends who overstayed their welcome to leave, put that on and they soon left, the ones that stayed , like myself are still fans to this day.

i am gibbering aint i.

It ain't gibbering! :) I feel the same way about Captain Beefheart, orh - perseverance does pay off.

That said, there are only a handful of songs between 'Trout Mask Replica' and 'Lick My Decals Off, Baby' that I truly love, but said love runs deep. It's still a chore for me to make it through either album in their entirety.

However, I have witnessed people not into Beefheart actually physically recoil upon hearing one of his songs - even the great ones!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

many a time ive had the house to myself with beefheart blasting out, i hear the key turn in the door and mrs orh appears head through the door and says wtf is that noize how can you listen to that crap.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann