A Minute of My Morning by henwrench

Started by henwrench, December 22, 2009, 04:55:52 AM

OsCKilO

Thats Ok then...

As long as it wasn't a test.......

I read this....  here  .......   After I replied first.....

And thought it was some sort of test.....
Hard to tell when you are being serious sometimes.....

But intentions get lost in translation in text sometimes.....

I still Liked it for some strange reason..... Still do....

Have you seen this thread...?

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=2750.msg24335#msg24335

I wouldn't mind a crack at using this tune, if you don't mind......

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

Quote from: henwrench on December 22, 2009, 05:11:51 AMI crave the day when someone on this site listens to one of my tunes and says 'Sorry, this shit stinks'. So feel free everyone and inject some honesty into 2010. It won't kill ya!
                                            henwrench

You reap what you sow David Blaine

Quote from: henwrench on December 22, 2009, 07:06:38 AMI'm a great believer in equal and exact opposites, that is - many people away from this site have listened to some of my tunes and condemed them as the worst thing they've ever heard (I's on the Horizon being a good example). This response thrilled me to the core because I'd managed to evoke true feeling amongst the music listening public instead of a 'Oh, that's nice...' kind of reaction. My point being that for every person who really hates one of my songs, there will be somebody out there who really loves one of my songs. To know I have stirred true emotion in another human (love or hate) is why I keep doing this. Maybe I'm the one with a problem... ;)
                                    henwrench

Your post isn't exactly well received by all, so I assumed you'd be thrilled to the core. Naturally I assumed that this post was to check the integrity of the forum, since you decided to lay down the gauntlet and beg for honesty.

Quote from: henwrench on December 22, 2009, 07:57:06 AMoh yea, anything that involves personal attacks on a person is A Really Bad Thing, but do you think any of the Worlds Great Recording Artists take it personally if some cretinous journo slags off their latest album? Or does it empower them? Or am I playing Devil's advocate?  ;) somebody should shut me up  :D
                                     henwrench

QuoteApologise? For what? The fact that you don't understand that sound manipulation is an artform beyond trickery? Who am I, David fucking Blaine?

henwrench

Maybe the timing of this post was just off. Maybe it is my mood. But when you ask people to tell you that your music is shit, then post something that quite frankly sounds less than appealing to the senses, I get the impression that you wanted a few negative posts, and were probably looking forward to it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i think its time to stop and think about how you respond to something you dont like or understand, i like henwrench's post but dont understand it, i see it as an experiment with sound, something i try from time to time not always succesfully, i found it challenging but some of my favourite music is challenging ........as for trickery ............i think something is getting lost in translation.........irony perhaps......i dunno but i think its time to chill.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

thats more like it sandy tho the music sucks
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gritter

I just wanted the boobs to be fun for everyone!!! Benny Hill fans included.

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

Surely Henwrench didn't just post this to see who would call him out and say it was shit. 

I think it is a test!!  And if it is not I don't care. My opinion stilll stands.!!

henwrench

Quote from: wiley on December 22, 2009, 08:22:16 PMSurely Henwrench didn't just post this to see who would call him out and say it was shit. 

WOW!   Q How much controversy can 1 minute of noise cause?
             A  See all posts above.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yes, PJ is quite correct, 'A Minute of My Morning' was not posted to make anyone say it's shit for the fun of it. That's not my style. For those of you that liked it, thankyou very much. For those of you that didn't like it, thankyou very much. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's the point.
     However, the one comment that 'chapped' me was the one posted by 'launched'.
You see, where I come from, to be accused of trickery is to be called a fake. And to be offered the opportunity to apologise after being called a fake is both deeply offensive and personal.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR