A Minute of My Morning by henwrench

Started by henwrench, December 22, 2009, 04:55:52 AM

henwrench

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I wanted to do something really happy and uplifting before wrapping the Christmas presents and donning my Santa hat. Oh how we laughed....

[soundclick]8512517[/soundclick]
                             henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

mad as a bag of squirrels lol, like the residents channeling jim reeves.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 22, 2009, 05:04:50 AMmad as a bag of squirrels lol

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Wiley

Henwrench wants honesty.  I don't have a clue what this is!!  Nothing neat about it!!  Just a bunch of noise. Definately not a song in my world.!!  Sorry!! It's........????? ;)

SteveB

HWH - when I first joined the Forum last June, I said that as this was a site dedicated to sound recording and production with, primarily, Boss recorders, that I hoped that at some stage someone may record poetry, or a rushing stream with Hamlet's soliloquy recited as voice over etc. Well, apart from, one other, I think, this is the sort of soundscape I envisaged as detracting from what the normal upload would be. Obviously as a sound production it works well, avant garde opera may well be calling you (there was in fact a choreographer using this type of this sound ensemble some time ago - I think he did a piece called Savage Messiah or such like). Anyway, I doubt any 16 years-old pop-music buying individual would be impressed, but then again that's their naivete. Doubt whether I could listen to a full CD without chemical assistance, but as a completed sound module it's an interesting slice of audio activity that's probably being repeated endlessly around the world at the moment. So well done for capturing that essence.

SB
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

henwrench

Thanks, SB. This is one of my, yea you guessed it, 'sound collage's' (pretentious, moi?). Light relief from all that song writing business, and it gets me out and about with my trusty microBR. Feel free to check out a proper 'song' sometime, my latest effort being 'Cherry Wine', a dodgy little number with some badly played live drums (I only had access to a kick and a snare and one stick - times are hard).
                                 henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Now here we go, whats not to like about this.  I find it very spooky and downright interesting.  I like that concept of noise that is also musical and somehow organized.  This song feels like a chaotic morning, its that song in the background that really holds it together for me.  The world feels like this sometimes and so this speaks to me in some weird way.  This could be the start of something that leads into a lyrical solo piano peice, that would sound deadly.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

henwrench

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 22, 2009, 07:51:40 AMThis could be the start of something that leads into a lyrical solo piano peice, that would sound deadly.

anyone want this, to do as BB suggested, go ahead. Take it yourself if you wanna BB, I reckon you could do something with it. BTW BB, stick some guitar on my Pirate song, perleeeeeese  ;D

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann